The Student Room Group

A-level Biology Study Group

Poll

Which exam board are you taking?

Welcome to the A-level Biology Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for any assessments or grading that your teachers will be setting you over the next few months.

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support students struggling, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for! :smile:

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> How are your school assessing you in this subject?

> What are you aiming for?

> How are you currently preparing for your assessments?

Specifications:

AQA - Biology 7402

Edexcel - Biology A (Salters-Nuffield)

OCR- Biology A H420

WJEC - Biology

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:

Scroll to see replies

Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
I do OCR, aiming for at least a B! We're gonna get a modified paper next week to be sat in full exam conditions and it will be one piece of evidence towards our final grades.. im preparing my doing more exam questions that i always lose marks on!
I do AQA, and I’m aiming for an A* as I’d love to do it as part of Natural Sciences at Cambridge! I do Cornell notes to revise, and lots of practice questions. I only switched to biology 2 weeks before starting year 12 and I am very glad I did!
Original post by Evil Homer
Welcome to the A-level Biology Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for any assessments or grading that your teachers will be setting you over the next few months.

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support students struggling, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for! :smile:

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

Specifications:

AQA - Biology 7402

Edexcel - Biology A (Salters-Nuffield)

OCR- Biology A H420

WJEC - Biology

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:

How do I join the group?
Reply 5
Original post by Unknown1232003
I do OCR, aiming for at least a B! We're gonna get a modified paper next week to be sat in full exam conditions and it will be one piece of evidence towards our final grades.. im preparing my doing more exam questions that i always lose marks on!

Hi will the paper be the June 2020 OCR A one or are the school doing their own? Good luck!
Original post by Cote1
Hi will the paper be the June 2020 OCR A one or are the school doing their own? Good luck!

Hey my school made their own but we have mocks after easter so idk if theyll use 2020
Reply 7
i do CIE
Can someone help me with this please
was wondering if anyone knew where the 2020 papers are
Original post by lillycrosee
was wondering if anyone knew where the 2020 papers are

On interchange😄
Reply 11
Original post by Maya.kg16
I do AQA, and I’m aiming for an A* as I’d love to do it as part of Natural Sciences at Cambridge! I do Cornell notes to revise, and lots of practice questions. I only switched to biology 2 weeks before starting year 12 and I am very glad I did!

Interesting, I'd not come across Cornell notes prior to reading this comment. It looks good, I wish I'd taken a similar approach during my studying process - I've had to teach myself how to learn again, after a while out of education. I'm taking AQA too, although I'm a private student. Got a conditional from UCL for the course that I have my heart set on, but I've got to get an A. I'm squirming.
(edited 2 years ago)
theyre locked only teachers can access them.
Original post by nolemon
Interesting, I'd not come across Cornell notes prior to reading this co. It looks good, I wish I'd taken a similar approach during my studying process - I've had to teach myself how to learn again, after a while out of education. I'm taking AQA too, although I'm a private student. Got a conditional from UCL for the course that I have my heart set on, but I've got to get an A. I'm squirming.

I would highly recommend the Miss Estruch YouTube channel- maybe make some Cornell notes from those (they’re concise enough to give the information without taking forever), write summaries for them and you’ll end up understanding them easier. Well done on your offer- you’ve got this!
> What exam board are you on?

AQA

5 key assessments we’ve done this year but also if needed we have done essays and the assessment materials AQA released.

A* - (I need A*AA and the A* is either going to be from biology or chemistry)

Lots of past paper question from Maths Made Easy and flashcards I’ve produced from PMT summary notes
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Evil Homer
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:

papacambridge
savemyexams
znotes
Reply 16

I would highly recommend the Miss Estruch YouTube channel- maybe make some Cornell notes from those (they’re concise enough to give the information without taking forever), write summaries for them and you’ll end up understanding them easier. Well done on your offer- you’ve got this!

What are Cornell notes?
What is the best method you use to revise biology which is the most effective?

Quick Reply