The Student Room Group

dandruff

I've been using this head and shoulders oil control shampoo for a short while and I've noticed I've been getting a lot of dandruff lately. I like to wash my hair in the evening (around 9 pm?) and the next morning there's already dandruff. Is this because of the shampoo? Is it stripping the oils off my scalp and so leading to dandruff?
Every one knows head and shoulders just gives u worse dandruff,
I think theirs one called Tgel use that instead
Is it heads and shoulders for greasy hair? I find that stuff gets rid of all that crap
Use shampoos that have KETOCONAZOLE.
Reply 4
Original post by JAckieee.chan
Use shampoos that have KETOCONAZOLE.

do you have any specific suggestions?

Original post by Jonathanツ
Is it heads and shoulders for greasy hair? I find that stuff gets rid of all that crap

yes
Original post by Anonymous
do you have any specific suggestions?

yes

Search google for ketoconazole shampoo and try to choose the best one by going through the reviews.

You can also get it from your local pharmacy. It's an OTC medicine
Reply 6
Original post by JAckieee.chan
Search google for ketoconazole shampoo and try to choose the best one by going through the reviews.

You can also get it from your local pharmacy. It's an OTC medicine

Okay thank you:biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Okay thank you:biggrin:

The commonest brand is Nizoral. If that doesn't help, you could speak to a pharmacist about other options as there are lots of different types of medicated shampoos for dandruff. Nizoral always works well for me though.
Reply 8
Original post by black tea
The commonest brand is Nizoral. If that doesn't help, you could speak to a pharmacist about other options as there are lots of different types of medicated shampoos for dandruff. Nizoral always works well for me though.

thank you for the suggestion! I will check it out :h:
Reply 9
Original post by black tea

it's expensive though for such a small bottle..
Original post by ANM775

oh my, you're right, I just checked the price :eek:
Original post by ANM775

It works great for seborrhoeic dermatitis though - it clearly things up completely in 2 weeks and then you only need to use it once every few weeks to stop things coming back so a bottle will last months. I usually just use 1 bottle until it runs out and often I don't need to use it again for a good few months. I go through 1, maybe 2 bottles a year - you need a pretty small amount for each wash.

Quick Reply

Latest