The Student Room Group

AS or A-Level psychology mock?

Currently, I am in Year 12 and I am doing A level psychology. My mocks are coming up and I was wondering whether I will do AS or A-level mock papers of everything we learnt so far including memory, attachment, psychopathology and some research methods
Reply 1
Probably AS
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
Probably AS

Even if it says A-level course?
Reply 3
Original post by zarahh09
Even if it says A-level course?

AS just covers the first half of the A level course so makes sense to do at the end of Year 12
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
AS just covers the first half of the A level course so makes sense to do at the end of Year 12

AS paper 1 only has memory, attachment, and social influence
Paper 2 approaches which we haven't done, psychopathology and research methods.

Would it mostly likely be 2019 or 2020?

Would like to put the two together?
(edited 2 years ago)

I really don’t see how it matters. Just do as many past paper questions that you can and revise all the content you have learnt. Your teachers will not put a question with content that you have not learnt.
Reply 6
Original post by 5hyl33n
I really don’t see how it matters. Just do as many past paper questions that you can and revise all the content you have learnt. Your teachers will not put a question with content that you have not learnt.

I want to do past papers and the questions on A-level paper a re longer and i want to time myself doing the paper, hence i asked the question
Currently, I am in Year 12 and I am doing A level psychology. My mocks are coming up and I was wondering whether I will do AS or A-level mock papers of everything we learnt so far including memory, attachment, psychopathology and some research methods

We did an a level paper but you’ve only done AS topics so probably an AS paper? Why not just ask your teacher tho lol
Reply 8
Original post by kylalee.x
We did an a level paper but you’ve only done AS topics so probably an AS paper? Why not just ask your teacher tho lol

Are you in y12 or 13?
A level paper 1 has all the topics we learnt this year

I tried emailing them and no one has replied and we are off timetable because of mocks so I cant ask them
Are you in y12 or 13?
A level paper 1 has all the topics we learnt this year

I tried emailing them and no one has replied and we are off timetable because of mocks so I cant ask them

Year 12 but we did biopsych and completed research methods - we are doing psychopathology & memory now
Reply 10
Year 12 but we did biopsych and completed research methods - we are doing psychopathology & memory now

oh okay
Reply 11

oh okay. Were you told if you were AS or A-level?

Would it mostly likely be 2019 or 2020?

AS exams make sense if you've covered the content of it, but if you haven't been doing AS in Y12 and the rest of the A level content in Y13 it makes less sense. They can pick what they like - a mix of questions from AS and/or A level papers form as many years as they want. I suggest you just revise and see what comes up
Reply 13
Original post by Compost
AS exams make sense if you've covered the content of it, but if you haven't been doing AS in Y12 and the rest of the A level content in Y13 it makes less sense. They can pick what they like - a mix of questions from AS and/or A level papers form as many years as they want. I suggest you just revise and see what comes up

So we are most likely to be doing A-level?
oh okay. Were you told if you were AS or A-level?

We were told a level, you might be doing an alevel paper with AS content tho because that includes 16 markers and that’s what a lot of schools do so just revise everything in varying time conditions
Reply 15
We were told a level, you might be doing an alevel paper with AS content tho because that includes 16 markers and that’s what a lot of schools do so just revise everything in varying time conditions

yeh thats what I thought, the whole of a level paper 1 has all 4 topics we learnt so far

Quick Reply

Latest