The Student Room Group

Housemates bf threatening me after I reported him for smoking weed in the house

So basically in our contract from the landlord it says smoking weed etc is not tolerated so my housemate always had her bf round the problem was he would always smoke weed in the house and I can't stand the smell so I along with another girl reported him and the landlord said he is banned from coming round and if he keeps coming round again after my housemate will also be aerved an eviction note. The problem is also she's now not happy with me calling me a snitch and saying bad things happen to snitches also she's given my number now to her bf who has threatened me and my housemate saying we better watch our backs in future, what do we do now?

Scroll to see replies

Stand up for yourself, you did the right thing. Message him and tell him you don’t appreciate him threatening you and he should leave you alone.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Stand up for yourself, you did the right thing. Message him and tell him you don’t appreciate him threatening you and he should leave you alone.

I'm scared though he's bigger than me and he came across as cold when he threatened me
Did you try discussing this with her before escalating the matter to the landlord?
So basically in our contract from the landlord it says smoking weed etc is not tolerated so my housemate always had her bf round the problem was he would always smoke weed in the house and I can't stand the smell so I along with another girl reported him and the landlord said he is banned from coming round and if he keeps coming round again after my housemate will also be aerved an eviction note. The problem is also she's now not happy with me calling me a snitch and saying bad things happen to snitches also she's given my number now to her bf who has threatened me and my housemate saying we better watch our backs in future, what do we do now?

You snitched.

Best thing to do would be to speak with your housemate and find a solution. Apologise for being a rat and explain that the strong smell negatively affects you.

If you think that her bf can deliver on his threats then watch your back and maybe speak with your own bf to have a word with him.

Good luck.
Tell this girl that if her boyfriend does not back off you will report the threats to the landlord, the university and the police.

Bullying should never be allowed to win and this girl is risking her future if she allows her bf to carry his threats.
Reply 6
Tell your flatmate that you’ll go to the police if there are any more threats. If he’s put something in writing you have evidence.
Reply 7
Did you try discussing this with her before escalating the matter to the landlord?

Yes I asked her several times if he couldn't not smoke in the house as it makes me feel sick but the response I got was he can do what he likes if I don't like it move out I have a right to live comfortably
I'm scared though he's bigger than me and he came across as cold when he threatened me

If you’re scared the best thing will be to try and ignore them, the situation won’t escalate if you avoid them both, hopefully the threats they gave you were empty.
Reply 9
If you’re scared the best thing will be to try and ignore them, the situation won’t escalate if you avoid them both, hopefully the threats they gave you were empty.

Well little things have been happening as well like some of my food thrown out the fridge and a note on my bedroom door saying fat slut
Get her evicted. Don’t tolerate this sort of BS in your own home that you are paying for. Even better, move somewhere else ASAP.
Yes I asked her several times if he couldn't not smoke in the house as it makes me feel sick but the response I got was he can do what he likes if I don't like it move out I have a right to live comfortably

You have nothing to apologise for here. Your housemate/HM's BF has deliberately and consciously not just ignored your request, they have broken the terms of the tenancy and risked putting *your* tenancy in jeopardy. Sadly, it sounds like it's a situation that isn't going to be mended.

Meanwhile, your priority is to keep safe. You need to make a note of all the bad behaviour and decide whether you can safely report them to the landlord and get them evicted, and/or to the police in light of the BF's threats of violence.

Report it to the police he’s already committed a crime by threatening you.
Reply 13
Best thing you can do with this, is save any proof you have of them having a negative interaction with you and any threats that they made. Give them a warning that if they don't stop with this behavior of them you will report them to the landlord and the police + university board. You are in your right here and can take measures for your own safety, if you feel scared invest in some self defense and share this information with close friends so that in case anything happens they can know what is going on with your room mate .

i hope everything gets sorted out! x
How do your other housemates feel? If they agree, even easier to get them evicted. They have not just put your tenancy at risk, but have been immature (and frankly acting in an illegal manner) about it.
Reply 15
I would report him to the police. The cheek of him though!! Why doesn't he go and smoke in his own house? 🙄
Well you snitched this is what happens you should have kept your mouth shut and minded your own business

The irony of getting mad at someone for ‘snitching’ whilst staying anonymous.

OP could have been evicted, wouldn’t you want to not pay tons out of your deposit and stay in your house?
Original post by MatthewAteYou
The irony of getting mad at someone for ‘snitching’ whilst staying anonymous.

OP could have been evicted, wouldn’t you want to not pay tons out of your deposit and stay in your house?

Like I said I would have kept my mouth shut
Reply 18
The people talking about snitching need to grow up and see the real problem here, they break the rules and make someone uncomfortable that person has all the rights to complain about it to the right authorities.

I am never shutting my mouth if someone is bluntly ignoring my request for them to stop something that is a breach of contract and is making me uncomfortable. I am not going to jeopardize my own life and comfortable feeling for someone that is doing something stupid and doesn't want to follow the rules.

OP complain until the problem gets fixed, and dont forget to talk with friends and the police, a threat is already a base for a report in the police.
Original post by Anonnorth
Tell this girl that if her boyfriend does not back off you will report the threats to the landlord, the university and the police.

Bullying should never be allowed to win and this girl is risking her future if she allows her bf to carry his threats.

Is not really anything to do with the landlord or university. I would suggest OP tries a bit of damage control before escalating to the police.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending