The Student Room Group

Relationship

I don't know what to do. My boyfriend nags me constantly to meet him everytime. Then he gets mad because my parents are strict and don't allow me out more. He says he doesn't get to meet me when he needs me. He doesn't see my efforts towards him and still thinks I don't do anything to spend time with him. I've tried every way to explain my parents to go out but they're such an orthodox people they don't allow me. Typical Indian family. Now it's been 1 year of our relationship and we've met like only 15-20 times. So he is frustrated he doesn't get time with me. And he tells me this relationship now depends on me. If you want this relationship, you have to make more time for me. But he doesn't understand I can't help it because my parents are strict. What else can I do??! I've tried many times to confront my parents but they just doesn't listen because I'm still not independent. I don't know what to do. I know my boyfriend loves me so much and he needs me because he has problems that he doesn't talk about much. He's frustrated with life right now because i am also not there to comfort him.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know what to do. My boyfriend nags me constantly to meet him everytime. Then he gets mad because my parents are strict and don't allow me out more. He says he doesn't get to meet me when he needs me. He doesn't see my efforts towards him and still thinks I don't do anything to spend time with him. I've tried every way to explain my parents to go out but they're such an orthodox people they don't allow me. Typical Indian family. Now it's been 1 year of our relationship and we've met like only 15-20 times. So he is frustrated he doesn't get time with me. And he tells me this relationship now depends on me. If you want this relationship, you have to make more time for me. But he doesn't understand I can't help it because my parents are strict. What else can I do??! I've tried many times to confront my parents but they just doesn't listen because I'm still not independent. I don't know what to do. I know my boyfriend loves me so much and he needs me because he has problems that he doesn't talk about much. He's frustrated with life right now because i am also not there to comfort him.

How old are u both
Reply 2
Original post by FreshPrince102
How old are u both

He's 23 and I'm 20

He ain’t worth the stress... I know it’s hard af but think of the long term. Is he gonna matter in 5 years? Is he gonna still be there ? If he is finding it hard to go through this rough patch now then is he seriously THE one? Good luck tho maybe try talking to him?
Reply 4
He ain’t worth the stress... I know it’s hard af but think of the long term. Is he gonna matter in 5 years? Is he gonna still be there ? If he is finding it hard to go through this rough patch now then is he seriously THE one? Good luck tho maybe try talking to him?

I don't know what to talk to him. He has his own problems and I am maybe making it hard for him to cope up with them. Instead of giving him comfort I have to just sit here.
I don't know what to talk to him. He has his own problems and I am maybe making it hard for him to cope up with them. Instead of giving him comfort I have to just sit here.

I’ll do it - I’m joking (but seriously idm) 🤣I’m sure you’ll figure it out - do not settle for less
Reply 6
Most 20 year olds are moved out of their parents house living fully on their own and your parents are telling you that you cant even go out the front doors..? You're a fully grown adult. If you want to go out, they cant stop you.
Original post by Foxehh
Most 20 year olds are moved out of their parents house living fully on their own and your parents are telling you that you cant even go out the front doors..? You're a fully grown adult. If you want to go out, they cant stop you.

Afaik, It doesn't work like that in Indian culture.
The best thing you can do is tell your parents that you have a BF and wants to marry him. If they don't agree either run away from your family and go with your bf or stay with your family and dump your bf.
Reply 9
Original post by JAckieee.chan
Afaik, It doesn't work like that in Indian culture.

Well what are they going to do... block the door... you cant trap someone in a house, thats kidnapping.
Original post by Foxehh
Well what are they going to do... block the door... you cant trap someone in a house, thats kidnapping.

They'll disown you. lol
Indian parents care about their children too much. Even when their child is 22 they treat them like a 12-year-old and forgets about the freedom of their child.
Original post by Foxehh

It's an Indian family. The system doesn't work that way here and as I mentioned they are typical Indian family so to get permission to go out we have to think a lot of times and if required, come up with a lot of excuses. We don't own our life until we're independent or even married.
Original post by JAckieee.chan
They'll disown you. lol
Indian parents care about their children too much. Even when their child is 22 they treat them like a 12-year-old and forgets about the freedom of their child.

Absolutely, especially with a girl child.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending