The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Marine Biology @ Plymouth University 2021 ✨

Hi friendsssss

Accepted my offer for the legendary Marine Biology course at Plymouth with a foundation year in my case and just wanted to create a lil thread for anyone due to start, studying or finished at Plymouth or anywhere else really :smile: a lil place to connect
Original post by maxknows888
Hi friendsssss

Accepted my offer for the legendary Marine Biology course at Plymouth with a foundation year in my case and just wanted to create a lil thread for anyone due to start, studying or finished at Plymouth or anywhere else really :smile: a lil place to connect

Hey Max, Congrats on your place. I am currently enrolled on the same course but up at Aberystwyth Uni.
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Hi friendsssss

Hi there!

I'm thinking about applying through clearing for a foundation year in ocean sciences this year in Plymouth. No solid plans yet but it's definitely looking like the best option for me :smile:
Original post by clairehxxx
Hey Max, Congrats on your place. I am currently enrolled on the same course but up at Aberystwyth Uni.

Hi Claire!!

Congrats on that and thank you <3 How are you finding it if you’re already in your first year :smile: I looked at that uni and it looked good but abit far and I didn’t have the requirements lmao
Original post by Sam Hopper
Hi there!

I'm thinking about applying through clearing for a foundation year in ocean sciences this year in Plymouth. No solid plans yet but it's definitely looking like the best option for me :smile:

Oooh exciting!!! I hope you get a place and I see you there teehee 😂 I wonder if there’s a way you can apply early? Good luck either way! It defo sounds like a good bet. What’s not to enjoy? I’m looking forward to ittt and being by the sea since I’m from London
Oooh exciting!!! I hope you get a place and I see you there teehee 😂 I wonder if there’s a way you can apply early? Good luck either way! It defo sounds like a good bet. What’s not to enjoy? I’m looking forward to ittt and being by the sea since I’m from London

Thank you!! I think I should be fine applying through clearing. It's just getting accommodation which might be a bit tight :s-smilie:
You don't have Instagram or any social media do you?
Thank you!! I think I should be fine applying through clearing. It's just getting accommodation which might be a bit tight :s-smilie:

You can follow me @nucrescent on Instagram :smile: annnnnndddd good luck. I’m thinking on private vs halls bc cheaper and if we go into another lockdown I don’t want to have to write a “send food :frown: poster on my window bc we’re locked in 😭😭😭😭😭 I’ll have my freedom in a house or something
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ryhes
Hey! Just accepted my place on this course yesterday, I have just dm’d you on Instagram. Would be great to all connect before September.

Woop woop 🤙🏼🐳🐋🐬
You can follow me @nucrescent on Instagram :smile: annnnnndddd good luck. I’m thinking on private vs halls bc cheaper and if we go into another lockdown I don’t want to have to write a “send food :frown: poster on my window bc we’re locked in 😭😭😭😭😭 I’ll have my freedom in a house or something

:biggrin::biggrin: There's lots of people in Halls with posters in windows supporting NHS, or post-it note smiley faces, but I've not seen any "SOS" messages yet so don't worry, I don't think there's any students trapped in their rooms here :wink:

And congrats on your place ryhes!! Great news :smile:

Here is the timeline for Clearing this year if anyone is interested:
Monday 24 May 2021
Pre-registration for Clearing opens
Monday 5 July 2021
Clearing opens for those who have already had exam results or hold no offers.
Tuesday 10 August 2021
Clearing officially opens on results day.
Tuesday 19 October 2021
Clearing closes.

And you can find out more info on our website here: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/study/clearing

We have an accommodation guarantee for students applying through Clearing so not to worry Sam :smile: If you want to find out more, check out this page: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/student-life/services/accommodation/clearing-accommodation

Cheers :cool:
Luke - University of Plymouth
Hey! I've yet to sort out references with my old school so haven't been able to get my application out yet, should happen soon though.

My instagram is @samhopper_ if you wanna get in touch :smile:
Reply 10
Hey, I'm thinking about applying through clearing, but is it possible without Biology? I took Physics and Maths.
Original post by idkwid
Hey, I'm thinking about applying through clearing, but is it possible without Biology? I took Physics and Maths.

Hi!

Which specific course are you applying for?

You usually need biology if you're planning to take a marine biology degree, but with physics and maths you'll be able to do oceanography or another ocean science degree! Alternatively if you're set on marine bio, you could always do a foundation year!

It might be worth getting in touch with the admissions tutors at Plymouth, and other universities offering the same courses to discuss your options!

Have you any other questions?

Lottie :smile:
(third year ambassador)
Good luck to everyone collecting results tomorrow.

Quick Reply