The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff! buses from talybonts to city center?

i was just wondering, what buses are there that can get you from talybont north/gate, to the center, or to cardiff bay? or any other ones that go from that general area! thanks! :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)
cardiff city centre is only about a 20/25 min walk from taly, i've never taken the bus and i don't really know of anyone that has as it's a really straightforward walk. there's definitely buses to cardiff bay but i've always walked to cardiff bay as well (it's a much longer walk though!)- sorry i can't be of much help :redface:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by absolutelysprout
cardiff city centre is only about a 20/25 min walk from taly, i've never taken the bus and i don't really know of anyone that has as it's a really straightforward walk. there's definitely buses to cardiff bay but i've always walked to cardiff bay as well (it's a much longer walk though!)- sorry i can't be of much help :redface:

pretty helpful actually! so, do people get taxis back on nights out then, if worried about safety when walking?
Original post by frogplant
pretty helpful actually! so, do people get taxis back on nights out then, if worried about safety when walking?

yes :smile: there's a certain taxi service you can use that cardiff uni have some sort of agreement with (i can't remember the name of it) if you have no money on you and they'll drive you to wherever you want as long as you pay for the trip for the next day
On Cardiff Bus, 21, 23, 25, 27.
Other operators also run services, such as the C8 (Adventure Travel), 400 (Edwards), 26, 86 and 136 (Stagecoach).

Cardiff Bus fares are £2 for a single and £4 for a 'Day to Go'.

All in all, buses run very frequently in the day, and less so in the evening. (I don't believe there's currently a night service past 11pm).

This is assuming you use the bus stop 'Cardiff High School' on North Road - there are hardly any buses on Western Avenue (the busy A-road).
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by absolutelysprout
yes :smile: there's a certain taxi service you can use that cardiff uni have some sort of agreement with (i can't remember the name of it) if you have no money on you and they'll drive you to wherever you want as long as you pay for the trip for the next day

Dragon Taxis - you'll need your student card and you need to call them to arrange the trip as opposed to using the app, so it's good to use in an emergency.
Original post by frogplant

Yes, it's very common. The fare is usually no more than a fiver to get to Taly Court, maybe an extra pound to get to Taly North/South.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending