The Student Room Group

Is there any chance at all for me to ask her out again and get a yes as answer?

I asked out a girl about 3 weeks from now in school right after a big exam (GCSE), I asked if she would like to go out on a date with me? Then she seemed to be surprised and acted weird, she said we will talk about it in instagram. About half hour after that, she texted me and she said she can't be with me, she is not ready to be in a relationship, but she thinks I am cool and would like to keep talk to me and be friends with me. After 3 days she rejected me I texted her and we chat few moments, and then I texted her one week after, and we still talked a bit. And recently all the exam have finished and we are in transition weeks, and we see each other in person more frequently, I saw her and I tried to pretend didn't see her, but she came to me and talk to me. These now really make me quite confuse, I thought she said being friends is just trying to be polite. Is it possible that she will say yes if I ask her out second time after summer break around Christmas?
if she is sending mixed signals, it is likely she isnt interested and is only establishing contact when she is bored / needs attention
move on op
plenty more fish in the sea
It seems like she really does just want to be friends.
Reply 3
Original post by WazzWazz98
if she is sending mixed signals, it is likely she isnt interested and is only establishing contact when she is bored / needs attention
move on op
plenty more fish in the sea

Hi, thanks for answering, I tried to move on but I find out its really hard for me to move on. Maybe its because that there are some mixed signals, which make me hope there might be something more in the future. However, I just talked to this girl for few times, so is it possible she turned me down because she didn't know me that well?
Reply 4
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
It seems like she really does just want to be friends.

Hi. But normally wouldn't it be very awkward for both people to stay friends, especially is she knows that I am interested in her?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi. But normally wouldn't it be very awkward for both people to stay friends, especially is she knows that I am interested in her?

She said that she wants to just be friends and she's acting like she just wants to be friends. If there's any awkwardness it doesn't seem to bother her. If it bothers you, you could cut her off completely I guess.
I doubt that there is any chance of anything more than a casual friendship with her.
It sounds like she is not sexually attracted to you but wants to be polite.
Time for you to move on.
Good luck!
Hi, thanks for answering, I tried to move on but I find out its really hard for me to move on. Maybe its because that there are some mixed signals, which make me hope there might be something more in the future. However, I just talked to this girl for few times, so is it possible she turned me down because she didn't know me that well?

maybe but dont waste your time torturing yourself as to why
could be any host of reasons and its up to her whether she discloses or not
Reply 8
I asked out a girl about 3 weeks from now in school right after a big exam (GCSE), I asked if she would like to go out on a date with me? Then she seemed to be surprised and acted weird, she said we will talk about it in instagram. About half hour after that, she texted me and she said she can't be with me, she is not ready to be in a relationship, but she thinks I am cool and would like to keep talk to me and be friends with me. After 3 days she rejected me I texted her and we chat few moments, and then I texted her one week after, and we still talked a bit. And recently all the exam have finished and we are in transition weeks, and we see each other in person more frequently, I saw her and I tried to pretend didn't see her, but she came to me and talk to me. These now really make me quite confuse, I thought she said being friends is just trying to be polite. Is it possible that she will say yes if I ask her out second time after summer break around Christmas?

sounds like she genuinely likes you and just wants to be mates. i wouldn’t recommend continuously asking her out cos it might make her a little uncomfortable, but if you don’t want to pursue a friendship with her that’s cool, just let her know where your heads at :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending