The Student Room Group

Why do women friend zone guys?

Really

Scroll to see replies

If you were a girl… What would you do with a guy that you aren’t attracted to, but is a decent guy?
Because they're just not attracted to them in that way, they only see them as friends. Also a lot of girls will actually lead guys on even when they don't want a relationship just because they know they'll get something like a friendship out of it. A female friend of mine told me she has done this too. It's lowkey evil but that's just how some girls be ig.
Reply 3
because we're nicer than guys. guys are brutal and will simply tell you that hes rejecting you because hes not attracted to you, women don't have the heart to do that so we friendzone you in order to sweeten the deal a little.
Original post by Allie4
because we're nicer than guys. guys are brutal and will simply tell you that hes rejecting you because hes not attracted to you, women don't have the heart to do that so we friendzone you in order to sweeten the deal a little.

Tbh that's worse because it's more dishonest. Better to be straight up and just tell em how it is.
Reply 5
Original post by shooonthebeat
Tbh that's worse because it's more dishonest. Better to be straight up and just tell em how it is.

Really? Its better to be brutally honest and tell them that you aren't attracted to them? Cos some men have the worst egos and turn into massive d icks when you reject them.
Reply 6
Original post by Allie4

What about when they lead you on then friend zone you
Reply 7
Original post by Thexyidcrew
What about when they lead you on then friend zone you

...guys do that??
Original post by Allie4
Really? Its better to be brutally honest and tell them that you aren't attracted to them? Cos some men have the worst egos and turn into massive d icks when you reject them.

Well those guys are just *****, they need to grow tf up. I think it's better to be brutally honest because it works out best. If you tell them that you wanna stay friends then you're basically keeping them around and potentially giving them false hope that it could still lead to something more later on. Also when you tell them you wanna be friends you're basically lying because let's be honest, you're quite unlikely to keep them around after that and probably gonna drift away which could hurt them even more as they won't have any closure. Just tell them straight up and get it over it, yeah it might hurt but it is what it is. Pain makes you stronger anyways.
Original post by Allie4

There are guys sensitive to how they say no to women without hurting their feelings. They don't seem to be commonplace, but they exist.
Well those guys are just *****, they need to grow tf up. I think it's better to be brutally honest because it works out best. If you tell them that you wanna stay friends then you're basically keeping them around and potentially giving them false hope that it could still lead to something more later on. Also when you tell them you wanna be friends you're basically lying because let's be honest, you're quite unlikely to keep them around after that and probably gonna drift away which could hurt them even more as they won't have any closure. Just tell them straight up and get it over it, yeah it might hurt but it is what it is. Pain makes you stronger anyways.

Regardless of gender, perhaps the better way to reject someone with sensitivity is to refer that person to someone close to you who might like that person.
Original post by SlaveofAll
Regardless of gender, perhaps the better way to reject someone with sensitivity is to refer that person to someone close to you who might like that person.

Oh hell nah. It's not your responsibility to play matchmaker in that situation. Just let them go and move on. Also if I don't like a girl, I am very unlikely to pass them along to a friend because imo it just ain't right. I'd know she's not good but pass her over to my friends to deal with that bs? Nah that ain't right.
Oh hell nah. It's not your responsibility to play matchmaker in that situation. Just let them go and move on. Also if I don't like a girl, I am very unlikely to pass them along to a friend because imo it just ain't right. I'd know she's not good but pass her over to my friends to deal with that bs? Nah that ain't right.

That's why I added "who might like her" in my previous statement.
That's why I added "who might like her" in my previous statement.

Fair enough but as I said before, it's not your responsibility to find someone for them. Let them do that on their own.
Fair enough but as I said before, it's not your responsibility to find someone for them. Let them do that on their own.

And it's optional. For people considerate of what other people feel, this can be a solution for them. You don't really need to take my advice, as it's not mandatory, although more people adopting that approach would be nice.
And it's optional. For people considerate of what other people feel, this can be a solution for them. You don't really need to take my advice, as it's not mandatory, although more people adopting that approach would be nice.

I see what you mean but I think it's better to let them do it on their own as it teaches them to be more independent.
I see what you mean but I think it's better to let them do it on their own as it teaches them to be more independent.

There should be nothing wrong with helping someone especially in that area. Let anyone who wants to help them do so.
There should be nothing wrong with helping someone especially in that area. Let anyone who wants to help them do so.

Yeah I guess so. Nothing wrong with it, just isn't really something you're obligated to do. If you wanna do it then go ahead ig
Yeah I guess so. Nothing wrong with it, just isn't really something you're obligated to do. If you wanna do it then go ahead ig

The pulling-by-your-bootstraps mentality won't help everyone in the long run. Definitely, people who can handle doing things on their own do exist, but unless or until we are truly self-sufficient, co-operation and mutual help remains necessary for now. Leaving people to fend for themselves when they can't isn't that better.
The pulling-by-your-bootstraps mentality won't help everyone in the long run. Definitely, people who can handle doing things on their own do exist, but unless or until we are truly self-sufficient, co-operation and mutual help remains necessary for now. Leaving people to fend for themselves when they can't isn't that better.

I disagree, it's not your responsibility to do anything for them. Yes it makes things harder but life is tough and through this independent learning they become stronger. Especially when they're adults, they can't just have others hold their hands and guide them through everything, they need to learn how to handle things on their own. However, that doesn't mean that support isn't available to them. By all means you should speak to your friends/family if you are struggling and need help. Just make sure you don't have to always rely on others because then you won't survive on your own.

Quick Reply

Latest