The Student Room Group

What do you think are some really good quotes?

Scroll to see replies

"Always have an escape plan" from Q to 007 in James Bond 007 in the World is Not Enough
Original post by glittersky09

"Liberalism within ourselves is always the enemy." - Jonathan Bowden
Original post by Mike Marra

Depends on what connotation of liberalism you're talking about.
Original post by SlaveofAll
Depends on what connotation of liberalism you're talking about.

The type which tells you to keep up being boring and conformist. And to keep weak physically.
(edited 2 years ago)
The type which tells you keep up being boring and conformist.

That's conservatism, Mike Marra, the very thing that person you quoted was in favour of.
Original post by Kovalensky
That's conservatism, Mike Marra, the very thing that person you quoted was in favour of.

To argue that conservatism is the boring order nowadays is purely ignorant. Not to go too alt-lite on you but there's some truth in conservatism being the new counter-culture.
The type which tells you to keep up being boring and conformist. And to keep weak physically.

It's more like a deviant offshoot of liberalism than the genuine article that John Locke and co believe.
To argue that conservatism is the boring order nowadays is purely ignorant. Not to go too alt-lite on you but there's some truth in conservatism being the new counter-culture.

No one today is purely conservative or liberal.
Original post by SlaveofAll
No one today is purely conservative or liberal.

If you're going political, I'm touching more on the soul of man, It's up to you if you keep that vulnerable or strong like iron.
If you're going political, I'm touching more on the soul of man, It's up to you if you keep that vulnerable or strong like iron.

I'm just stating what's going on. What I mean that conservative and liberal labels no longer fit modern configurations as each ideology today mixes propositions from both conservatism and liberalism.
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
Reply 12
"There are people, who the more you do for them, the less they will do for themselves" (Emma, chapter 11)
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The time is always right to do what is right.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Reply 14
Not everyone has a sob story Charlie, and even if they do it's no excuse.

The Perks of being a wallflower
Reply 15

"If you don't sacrifice for what you want, what you want will eventually be the sacrifice."
I have no idea who this is from but I found it on a YouTube comment.
'Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken' - Oscar Wilde

"The one standing in infinite glory is you; the one fallen from grace is also you. What matters is ‘you’ and not the state of you."

"Liberalism is moral syphilis, and I'm stepping over it." - Jonathan Bowden
“Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.” Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending