The Student Room Group

Giving up in jobs?

I can't seem to find part time employment anywhere. Every application whether it's McDonald's or even at pubs/bars is getting rejected.
I dont know if it has to do with me being an international student but nobody responds with a positive reply.
I applied to Pret which takes everyone but that application is under review for a month now and is probably not approved or left in a loophole.

I don't have customer service experience but at least I could have started somewhere. It seems like I can't even get a start.
Should I just quit applying?
Reply 1
Why would you stop applying? If you need a job you got to keep applying!
It helps if you have customer service experience for the roles you’re applying for, can you volunteer a couple of hours a week somewhere to boost your CV. Charity shops are always after people
Keep on eye out for bars and restaurants. A lot of people must of left and found a new job during furlough. Seen quite a few bar and restaurants advertising.
Original post by route255
Keep on eye out for bars and restaurants. A lot of people must of left and found a new job during furlough. Seen quite a few bar and restaurants advertising.

I did apply but Stonegate group declined my applications. I dont know where to apply as even bars or pubs aren't accepting
Original post by Gingsing25
Why would you stop applying? If you need a job you got to keep applying!
It helps if you have customer service experience for the roles you’re applying for, can you volunteer a couple of hours a week somewhere to boost your CV. Charity shops are always after people

I'm not getting any job offers so what's the point? I keep applying and I'm rejected all the time.
Why are you acting like this only happens to you? People aren't quitting their jobs 24/7. Be the person that keeps on applying so that when that position does open up you're the first one on it and hopefully you get it. How long have you been trying? Chances are you just missed the employment spike and just started applying at an inconvenient time.
(edited 2 years ago)
Bump
Reply 7
Original post by Becausethefool
I don't have customer service experience but at least I could have started somewhere. It seems like I can't even get a start.
Should I just quit applying?

that seems to be your problem imo..
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
that seems to be your problem imo..

So without anyone hiring, how am I supposed to get customer service experience?
Reply 9
So without anyone hiring, how am I supposed to get customer service experience?

there used to be a site called do-it.org where you could apply for voluntary work.

check if it's still up or search other sites offering voluntary work
Original post by ANM775
there used to be a site called do-it.org where you could apply for voluntary work.

check if it's still up or search other sites offering voluntary work

I need money. I can't do for free.
Reply 11
I need money. I can't do for free.

:dontknow: keep applying then

but ask yourself an honest question, if you were an employer would you take someone on with zero experience when you have 100+ other applications on the pile with experience..
Original post by ANM775
:dontknow: keep applying then

but ask yourself an honest question, if you were an employer would you take someone on with zero experience when you have 100+ other applications on the pile with experience..

i dont believe there is something known as transferable attributes not just experience

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending