The Student Room Group

CAMHS

I reached 40kg and am going school on 5 days and some days I go full time and some days I go part time my target weight is 46kg and I don’t want to reach that I want to stop gaining weight and maintain my weight I get my period and I am at my body’s set point. if I stopped attending CAMHS appointments will I be discharged because I am no longer at risk

Scroll to see replies

Just let your therapist know that you no longer want to continue sessions and they'll close the case.
Original post by shooonthebeat
Just let your therapist know that you no longer want to continue sessions and they'll close the case.

Doubt they will do that as they don’t think I have the capacity to close the case as I have been diagnosed with anorexia
Original post by HypeHouse
Doubt they will do that as they don’t think I have the capacity to close the case as I have been diagnosed with anorexia

Ahh I'm not sure how you could stop getting treatment then. Maybe discuss with your therapist why you feel like you don't need it anymore.
Ahh I'm not sure how you could stop getting treatment then. Maybe discuss with your therapist why you feel like you don't need it anymore.

My therapist would just simply give me a sympathetic nod and give me a whole speech as to why I should comply with treatment however on every appointment letter they wrote to me they said if I don’t attend 3 appointments in a row they will simply discharge me however I said to my therapist I want to be discharged from camhs ( I don’t know if it was because I was underweight or not) but she then threatened to call social services on my parents
My therapist would just simply give me a sympathetic nod and give me a whole speech as to why I should comply with treatment however on every appointment letter they wrote to me they said if I don’t attend 3 appointments in a row they will simply discharge me however I said to my therapist I want to be discharged from camhs ( I don’t know if it was because I was underweight or not) but she then threatened to call social services on my parents

Sorry I really don't know how to help here. Maybe best option for you is just to complete the treatment then?
Sorry I really don't know how to help here. Maybe best option for you is just to complete the treatment then?

Even if I reach my target weight they would still keep me in CAMHS to monitor my weight which is absolutely annoying and I believe they have no right to do that if I was obese and cried about being weighed they would have discharged me straight away but just because I was anorexic they believe that I’m going to do the same thing which I believe this is absurd and annoying
Even if I reach my target weight they would still keep me in CAMHS to monitor my weight which is absolutely annoying and I believe they have no right to do that if I was obese and cried about being weighed they would have discharged me straight away but just because I was anorexic they believe that I’m going to do the same thing which I believe this is absurd and annoying

Yeah I see what you mean. I think you should definitely discuss these things with your therapist. From what you're saying, you seem to be doing better now so I understand if you may not want treatment anymore. Also I completely agree that they shouldn't really be monitoring your weight even after you've been discharged, that's a bit like invasion of privacy.
Yeah I see what you mean. I think you should definitely discuss these things with your therapist. From what you're saying, you seem to be doing better now so I understand if you may not want treatment anymore. Also I completely agree that they shouldn't really be monitoring your weight even after you've been discharged, that's a bit like invasion of privacy.

Thanks it feels great venting these things out to someone on my next appointment I will definitely try and mention discharge but I doubt she will listen as I’m going part time to school on some days I go school full time though
(edited 2 years ago)

It can be difficult dealing with mental health issues (especially with CAMHS, who are ****). You should speak to your therapist about it, try to be very direct and clear about what you want and see what you can do about it.
Original post by Theloniouss
It can be difficult dealing with mental health issues (especially with CAMHS, who are ****). You should speak to your therapist about it, try to be very direct and clear about what you want and see what you can do about it.

Yes but I’m afraid that it will make everything worse every time I try to put my opinion in something she goes and tells my parents I understand that this what she thinks is right but I am my own person and I need to have some freedom in what I am saying without it being told to another person. I’m just so fed up of it
Original post by Camhsistheworst
Yes but I’m afraid that it will make everything worse every time I try to put my opinion in something she goes and tells my parents I understand that this what she thinks is right but I am my own person and I need to have some freedom in what I am saying without it being told to another person. I’m just so fed up of it

I totally agree
Thanks it feels great venting these things out to someone on my next appointment I will definitely try and mention discharge but I doubt she will listen as I’m going part time to school on some days I go school full time though

Worth a try still I guess. If she doesn't listen then your only option will be to complete the treatment unfortunately.
Worth a try still I guess. If she doesn't listen then your only option will be to complete the treatment unfortunately.

I know which absolutely sucks and the fact that she has to monitor my weight after being 46kg sucks as well my life sucks in general lol whatever u do don’t become anorexic even my parents hate going CAMHS and so do i. I hate it so much and Don’t want to comply with treatment anymore but I mean what can I do I guess?
I know which absolutely sucks and the fact that she has to monitor my weight after being 46kg sucks as well my life sucks in general lol whatever u do don’t become anorexic even my parents hate going CAMHS and so do i. I hate it so much and Don’t want to comply with treatment anymore but I mean what can I do I guess?

Yeah exactly, I don't think you really have much of a choice here. As far as I know I'm not anorexic but I'm quite underweight for my age/height. I weigh around 46kg, I'm 22 and about 5'5. I wanna be at least 50kg. Ngl I struggle to gain weight because I often get caught up in whatever I'm doing and neglect eating enough. I also need to get back into exercising more.
Yeah exactly, I don't think you really have much of a choice here. As far as I know I'm not anorexic but I'm quite underweight for my age/height. I weigh around 46kg, I'm 22 and about 5'5. I wanna be at least 50kg. Ngl I struggle to gain weight because I often get caught up in whatever I'm doing and neglect eating enough. I also need to get back into exercising more.

Yes, I told CAMHS that I often forget to eat and I’m 15 years old and they’re asking me to be 46kg at this age 😭😭 which kind of sucks because I think it’s a lot for this age :/

I’m 15 years old 152cm and they’re asking me to be 46kg 😭😭
I’m 15 years old 152cm and they’re asking me to be 46kg 😭😭

For your age and height, that's healthy weight.
For your age and height, that's healthy weight.

Yes I know but I will be fat D:
Yes I know but I will be fat D:

No you won't be fat, you'll be healthy lol

Quick Reply

Latest