The Student Room Group

Why am I so dumb?

I did my GCSE's in 2017 and A-levels in 2019. I failed my A levels and I failed 2 GCSE's (I got 8 GCSE's). I took a gap year autumn 2019-2020.

I did Access course this year but all my grades are merit. I never applied to university
Original post by Anonymous
I did my GCSE's in 2017 and A-levels in 2019. I failed my A levels and I failed 2 GCSE's (I got 8 GCSE's). I took a gap year autumn 2019-2020.

I did Access course this year but all my grades are merit. I never applied to university

8 GCSEs are fine, honestly GCSEs are pretty irrelevant after school anyways unless you're doing something like medicine. As long as you've got your 5 A* - C then it's fine. What's an access course? Is that a level 3? You can actually get into a lot of uni courses with MMM at level 3 but obviously the requirements for different courses can vary. Depending on what you wanna do at uni, you may or may not need better grades.
Reply 2
Original post by shooonthebeat
8 GCSEs are fine, honestly GCSEs are pretty irrelevant after school anyways unless you're doing something like medicine. As long as you've got your 5 A* - C then it's fine. What's an access course? Is that a level 3? You can actually get into a lot of uni courses with MMM at level 3 but obviously the requirements for different courses can vary. Depending on what you wanna do at uni, you may or may not need better grades.

I am dumb and work twice as hard as others
What did you do after failing A-Levels?
Reply 4
How can I study IT? What course would I do?

Plus I already took out a loan for my level 3 access course.
Original post by Anonymous
I am dumb and work twice as hard as others

Don't be hard on yourself man. Things are just naturally to easier some than others, nothing wrong with it.
Reply 6
But that sounds even harder than academic and studying
Cheers
Reply 8
How much money does it bring you every month?
Reply 9
Wow. that is a lot. But you are smart so that's why you are earning £7k

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending