The Student Room Group

Law question Help - Planning an Essay

Hi there, can someone please help me plan an essay.
The question is on Company Law, Corporate Personality.

"Compare and contrast the contractual and tortious liability of partners of an ordinary partnership, member's of a limited liability partnership and directors and shareholders of a registered company".
what have you got so far. We didn't do tortious liability of those 3 but the essay structure seems fairly clear - detailing each type of entity, and describing the 2 liabilities for each of the 4 groups (with a few cases/laws thrown in). then maybe some comments on what is better/worse for different situations. Like that some businesses are riskier than others (oil companies versus your local flower shop) so need more legal protection.
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine1973
what have you got so far. We didn't do tortious liability of those 3 but the essay structure seems fairly clear - detailing each type of entity, and describing the 2 liabilities for each of the 4 groups (with a few cases/laws thrown in). then maybe some comments on what is better/worse for different situations. Like that some businesses are riskier than others (oil companies versus your local flower shop) so need more legal protection.

Thank you so much this helps a lot, I am just creating a plan at the minute for this question as i was a bit unsure myself.
Make a list of types of businesses
Flower shops
Hotels
Cafes
Pubs
Libraries
Hospitals
Schools
Restaurants
Teashops
Leisure centres
Movie theatres