The Student Room Group

Break-up Advice: Unstable Thoughts and Feelings, Help!

Hello, I recently broke-up with a girl about 2-weeks ago. I'd been seeing them since January so not that long, but I didn't want it to end, so I've been dumped, and yeah, it sucks.

It's my 1st break-up but I feel like I'm going kinda crazy, I'm feeling some negative emotions that I've never felt before. I find myself becoming jealous and obsessing over things that don't even make sense. An example, I bought a couple of candles and baby oil which we used when having sex. Now they're at her house, I can't stop thinking about her using them with someone else.

Are thoughts/feelings like this normal or am I going crazy?
You are sad like most people would be.

There are plenty more fish in the sea.
Reply 2
Original post by rightuptomy
You are sad like most people would be.

There are plenty more fish in the sea.

Yeah I'm sad, angry and jealous

Should I get my stuff back?
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I recently broke-up with a girl about 2-weeks ago. I'd been seeing them since January so not that long, but I didn't want it to end, so I've been dumped, and yeah, it sucks.

It's my 1st break-up but I feel like I'm going kinda crazy, I'm feeling some negative emotions that I've never felt before. I find myself becoming jealous and obsessing over things that don't even make sense. An example, I bought a couple of candles and baby oil which we used when having sex. Now they're at her house, I can't stop thinking about her using them with someone else.

Are thoughts/feelings like this normal or am I going crazy?

You are like me right now, ever since I 'broke up' with someone, my mood has gone from feeling happy to really sad and I have to exercise and get out of the house frequently.
Yeah I'm sad, angry and jealous

Should I get my stuff back?

If you have other nice stuff at hers then ask for it back, if it is just the oil and candles then don't as you would come across as quite petty
Reply 5
Original post by ReadingMum
If you have other nice stuff at hers then ask for it back, if it is just the oil and candles then don't as you would come across as quite petty

It's just candles, oil and wine. Stuff we'd use to have sex. I wouldn't mind but it's the thought of her using it with someone else that's eating me up inside. I'd say I am a bit of a jealous type, a characteristic that put a strain on our relationship. But because of that I'm struggling to let certain things go
Reply 6
Original post by Rosessta3rs7
You are like me right now, ever since I 'broke up' with someone, my mood has gone from feeling happy to really sad and I have to exercise and get out of the house frequently.

that's what I've been trying to do too. This your 1st break-up?
that's what I've been trying to do too. This your 1st break-up?

Basically, I thought we were in a relationship but weren't. Met him in October.... I regard this as my first proper breakup. He wasn't clear what he wanted and after eight months I literally had to ask whether we were in a relationship or not.
This is my first bit of advice- find a hobby. You have tons of options- sport, cookery, art, music, or languages. Look for a local private but good quality tutor or established school etc and start learning on your own. Check out some past reviews carefully and pay attention to your instinct too. Find out as much as possible. See if your local library has books. Or visit your closest bookstore.
Reply 9
It’s normal to feel pretty cut up when you think things are going well and then they’re not. The best way is only to look forward. Gifts and mementos from the good times are a source of a lot of angst and should just be written off physically and mentally. Behave honourably and don’t let someone who dumps you see how much you’re hurting would be my advice. New and better love comes
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending