The Student Room Group

Could I get some information on returning to uni?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what sort of situation I am in with possibly returning to uni.

In 2014 I went to uni after collge and a couple of months in I had to leave as my mental health took a bad turn. Fast forward to now and I feel much better in myself and mentally ready to go. I am looking at going in 2022 if I am able to get funds.

What I am wondering is, does my small amount I have in student loans from the short time there affect me getting it again? Also how exactly does the mature student way of applying work? I am abit confused on that, does it still take household income into account or is it just my personal situation now?
Original post by Krystaline
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what sort of situation I am in with possibly returning to uni.

In 2014 I went to uni after collge and a couple of months in I had to leave as my mental health took a bad turn. Fast forward to now and I feel much better in myself and mentally ready to go. I am looking at going in 2022 if I am able to get funds.

What I am wondering is, does my small amount I have in student loans from the short time there affect me getting it again? Also how exactly does the mature student way of applying work? I am abit confused on that, does it still take household income into account or is it just my personal situation now?

Hi there,

Full time undergraduate applicants can receive funding for the length of the course + 1 additional year - any previous study
As long as you have not used your additional year yet then you should be fully funded for your new course.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there,

Full time undergraduate applicants can receive funding for the length of the course + 1 additional year - any previous study
As long as you have not used your additional year yet then you should be fully funded for your new course.
Thanks, Isaac

Thanks. Also being 25 would that mean in terms of maintenance loan it will not be affected by my parents/ those in the household and what they earn? Do I understand that right?
Original post by Krystaline
Thanks. Also being 25 would that mean in terms of maintenance loan it will not be affected by my parents/ those in the household and what they earn? Do I understand that right?

If you are 25 or over before the 01/09 then you should input your partner/spouses financial details.

If you are single you will automatically be entitled to the maximum amount of funding even if you live with people earning money.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending