The Student Room Group

How to deal with lonliness?

How can I deal with loneliness? I've worked out profusely, tried new hobbies etc and while I'm still doing these they don't seem to work now. It's been about a year since my last relationship which was my first and while I am completely over her I just can't shake the never ending lonely feeling that followed. Could someone advise me on how to cope or even get past this?
Original post by Anonymous
How can I deal with loneliness? I've worked out profusely, tried new hobbies etc and while I'm still doing these they don't seem to work now. It's been about a year since my last relationship which was my first and while I am completely over her I just can't shake the never ending lonely feeling that followed. Could someone advise me on how to cope or even get past this?

how old r u
Reply 2
how old r u

19, been like this most my teen years but especially during the last year or so.
19, been like this most my teen years but especially during the last year or so.

r u at uni rn? like have u finished your first year or starting in September?
Reply 4
r u at uni rn? like have u finished your first year or starting in September?

Finished first year, yes.
Finished first year, yes.

is she in ur uni?
Reply 6
is she in ur uni?

No which is quite fortunate

It is hard coming out of relationships as you spend all your time with that one person and then it's like...well now what? I totally get it, I think the best thing to do is try to get out and meet new people, not looking for a new relationship, just friends. Then surround yourself with the support of friends and family. Hope this helps! :smile:
No which is quite fortunate

omg r u my ex??
bc all of this is too accurate :O
Reply 9
omg r u my ex??
bc all of this is too accurate :O

I am pretty certain there is more than just your ex in the same position haha what course is he doing to put your mind at ease?
Original post by Louise_f121
It is hard coming out of relationships as you spend all your time with that one person and then it's like...well now what? I totally get it, I think the best thing to do is try to get out and meet new people, not looking for a new relationship, just friends. Then surround yourself with the support of friends and family. Hope this helps! :smile:

Thank you, I suppose I'll wait to get back to uni being around people there helps take my mind off it, thank you.
I am pretty certain there is more than just your ex in the same position haha what course is he doing to put your mind at ease?

idk
what month u born
idk
what month u born

September, but surely that doesn't narrow it down to one person just give the initials not full name.
September, but surely that doesn't narrow it down to one person just give the initials not full name.

well he's not September
whats ur initials
well he's not September
whats ur initials

Well that settles it then can't be him. Hope that has helped.
Well that settles it then can't be him. Hope that has helped.

haha yh i guess
thanks anyway
haha yh i guess
thanks anyway

Would’ve been a funny coincidence but yeah no worries

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending