The Student Room Group

GCSE Computer Science

Ok, is it just me who finds computer science GCSE the most boring thing ever? I used to love CS up until this point (it was always my dream career path), but now just being in the lessons makes me sad and ruins my mood for the day. There's just something that I can't explain about it that makes it so unbearable to me... I think it's mostly the non-programming lessons about computer systems, software, storage etc. that are the worst to me. Lots of the people in my class seem to agree with me on this. I guess it could be my teacher's teaching style, but she is actually really nice and not boring herself.

I'm sure many people will disagree with me on this one, it may be a controversial opinion... But, I'm genuinely struggling to stop myself from either falling asleep or screaming in lesson, so if anyone has any advice for revising and getting through the GCSE it would be appreciated!
Reply 1
i used to think the same as did many of my fellow computer scientist classmates did. Even if the teacher or the content is boring, try revising stuff before lesson by yourself since i used to think the same until i did that. after you have done that it will just all be recap in the lesson and you can start your programming before if you really want to
Original post by random1593
I think CS lessons are really boring until I understand the content then I start to enjoy it. I acheive very good grades in CS and I think that is because I use flashcard and I ask myself questions based on the spec (for theory) but for algorithms you have to look at past papers and the cgp books help for both. If you do OCR J277 Computer Science I have excellent notes that helped me that I can share.

I have CGP books for some of my other subjects and they do help, so I might look into getting one for CS. I do AQA, but I would still be interested in seeing your notes if you don't mind sharing them :redface:
Original post by flyawayonmyzephr
I have CGP books for some of my other subjects and they do help, so I might look into getting one for CS. I do AQA, but I would still be interested in seeing your notes if you don't mind sharing them :redface:

Hey! If you received the notes, would you mind sending them to me too? x
I'm about to enter Y11 and we've had no teacher over Y10 (only cover lessons) so essentially, I have no notes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending