The Student Room Group

Lost P45

Hi everyone. It's embarrassing to admit, but I'm quite oblivious when it comes to financial / tax issues.

I'm starting a new job next week - my third job - and I can't seem to find a P45 from my most recent job. I keep everything well-organised in a multi-tab folder so I'm annoyed at myself for somehow managing to lose it.

Weirdly enough, I have found a P45 from my first job ...

Do I give this 'old' P45, or just tell my employer I lost my recent one?
I actually just found this out on the Gov website, so thank you very much for confirming!
Reply 2
If you cannot provide a P45 to your new employer, there is a chance you will be placed on an emergency tax code.

This will most probably result in more tax being deducted from your pay than you owe, however you will get a reimbursement after the end of the tax year.

I would suggest contacting your previous employer and asking for a new copy of your P45. I’m sure they will be able to provide this to you.
Reply 3
Original post by DonDuck
If you cannot provide a P45 to your new employer, there is a chance you will be placed on an emergency tax code.

This will most probably result in more tax being deducted from your pay than you owe, however you will get a reimbursement after the end of the tax year.

I would suggest contacting your previous employer and asking for a new copy of your P45. I’m sure they will be able to provide this to you.

You can't get a replacement P45.

https://www.gov.uk/paye-forms-p45-p60-p11d/lost-paye-forms
Reply 4

In reality, it's entirely possible for the previous employer to resend it at their discretion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending