The Student Room Group

Economics Personal Statement

Hi,
I just started my UCAS application and I wanted to know if it's possible for anyone in year 13 or first year of Uni to send me their personal statement for Economics and related courses. I just want an understanding of how much depth and detail I have to put in.
Thanks!
Original post by vidi2020
Hi,
I just started my UCAS application and I wanted to know if it's possible for anyone in year 13 or first year of Uni to send me their personal statement for Economics and related courses. I just want an understanding of how much depth and detail I have to put in.
Thanks!

I’m not in year 13 but I’m pretty sure on YouTube there are videos of Oxbridge and LSE students reading out their economic personal statements if that helps.
"Hello everybody my name is Robert and I would like to welcome you to my personal statememt which is what I am writing because I want to come to your university at which you work to study econobics because one day some short while after I complete the course I would want to work in a job that has something to do with money I used to want to be prime minister when I was in 4th grade but that hasn't worked out so far so who knows what the future holds for any of us I think I'm a very responsible person because for 3 weeks over the Summer holiday I worked in Tesco and I had to handle some money in that job and this is why I am so hyped to study encomics at your wonderful institution".

You're welcome :biggrin:
Original post by mathperson
"Hello everybody my name is Robert and I would like to welcome you to my personal statememt which is what I am writing because I want to come to your university at which you work to study econobics because one day some short while after I complete the course I would want to work in a job that has something to do with money I used to want to be prime minister when I was in 4th grade but that hasn't worked out so far so who knows what the future holds for any of us I think I'm a very responsible person because for 3 weeks over the Summer holiday I worked in Tesco and I had to handle some money in that job and this is why I am so hyped to study encomics at your wonderful institution".

Is this a joke? My advice would be to look on the Cambridge website for their economics courses and look at the reading materials section for what they suggest you should include. Or Oxford and LSE, read those books and include them in your P.S. Cambridge University have lots of videos online where economic students review their personal statement and tell you what to and not too include. So as long as you follow that method and the resources online which is practically a free cheat code you’ll be fine for every school you apply for . Here’s a photo of a few books Oxbridge recommend CC6834B7-4E2F-4FCB-8F4C-6DA5288BFD5F.jpg.jpeg
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by mathperson

u got the whole squad laughing :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by franc1s_ad204
Is this a joke? My advice would be to look on the Cambridge website for their economics courses and look at the reading materials section for what they suggest you should include. Or Oxford and LSE, read those books and include them in your P.S. Cambridge University have lots of videos online where economic students review their personal statement and tell you what to and not too include. So as long as you follow that method and the resources online which is practically a free cheat code you’ll be fine for every school you apply for . Here’s a photo of a few books Oxbridge recommend CC6834B7-4E2F-4FCB-8F4C-6DA5288BFD5F.jpg.jpeg

thank you so much!! i will have a look

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending