The Student Room Group

Applying to university

I have just finished my mocks and have recieved my results in June, In computer science i have achieved an A* overall, in maths and physics i have achieved Cs which are poor for me. Is there any way for me to increase my predicted grades before i apply to uni, and if there isnt what good unis could i apply and get accepted to with around an A*CC (I am eligible for contextual offers)
Original post by echo.12345
I have just finished my mocks and have recieved my results in June, In computer science i have achieved an A* overall, in maths and physics i have achieved Cs which are poor for me. Is there any way for me to increase my predicted grades before i apply to uni, and if there isnt what good unis could i apply and get accepted to with around an A*CC (I am eligible for contextual offers)

If you feel as if you can do better than what you achieved, speaking to your teachers is the best way to go. Bring to them evidence from the year (end of unit tests etc) to show that you can do better - they are there to help you and want you to get the best grades possible so don't be afraid to ask them to increase them or give you help to increase them :smile:
Original post by echo.12345

Hey :smile:

Typically Uni's are flexible upon admissions, even if you don't quite achieve the required grades.
Are there any Uni's you like the sound of? It may be a good idea to look at their entry requirements and talk to their admissions teams to see what they potentially may accept.

Also, speak to your teachers! They may let you resit your mocks, or offer extra activities and work which could help you get your grades up if that's what you want :smile:

Hope this helps!
Sian- UoP Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending