The Student Room Group

uni job

Is it easy to find a job while at uni that is flexible to you not working during the summer? Because if you have a 42 week accommodation contract and live far away from the city you go to uni in, I'm not sure what would happen with your job
The unis often offer jobs that only work in term time and are flexible with lecturers coursework and exams
Tutoring is also really good and plenty of people want it online right now!
McDonald's is also good I think and nandos are normally happy to put the job on hold whilst you are gone.
It depends on what you want to do, but it is by no means impossible!
Reply 2
Original post by Roasted Potato
The unis often offer jobs that only work in term time and are flexible with lecturers coursework and exams
Tutoring is also really good and plenty of people want it online right now!
McDonald's is also good I think and nandos are normally happy to put the job on hold whilst you are gone.
It depends on what you want to do, but it is by no means impossible!

Hey, do you know how to get started with online tutoring? Any platforms/sites etc. you can recommend? I'm looking to try it out over the summer, but so far I haven't had any luck in terms of looking for places to begin :frown:
Original post by r00145
Hey, do you know how to get started with online tutoring? Any platforms/sites etc. you can recommend? I'm looking to try it out over the summer, but so far I haven't had any luck in terms of looking for places to begin :frown:

Try my tutor, tutorful, or superprof. You can always advertise yourself on insta or fb groups as an individual. Some schools will let you put up a poster in the school.
Message GCSEasy on fb they wil give you some good advice and potentially might hire you as well!

I make my own resources using both cgp and physicsandmathstutor.com. Which I really recommend

I normally have the first lesson half price or free and review the students most recent exams, find how they learn, do they want to read ahead or redo some topics, what are they working at, what is the school predicting and what would they like. And what would like to do in the future. Just so I can adjust the way I teach according to the student! I also speak to the parents and get the parents opinions on the students.
Original post by r00145

Hi, I was in the same situation and directly started tutoring at Edumentors.co.uk I can say that it was the best decision that I've ever made. Good Luck

Quick Reply

Latest