The Student Room Group

Student finance offered me too much

Hi! I’m gonna be doing a placement year in London, and when applying for student finance i was told I’d be offered £2874 maintenance loan as I’ll be earning a salary. My application has been approved, but I’ve been offered £4053. Is this because I’ll be in London? Will I receive a letter at the end of the year ordering me to pay some of it back?
(edited 2 years ago)
Are you sure that you ticked the box to state that you’ll be on placement for all 3 terms?
Original post by PQ
Are you sure that you ticked the box to state that you’ll be on placement for all 3 terms?

80% sure. I’ve been trying to check, but the website is down constantly…
Original post by WhatIsLife1
80% sure. I’ve been trying to check, but the website is down constantly…

Hi!

I think it's best to contact student finance on the telephone. You usually get things like this clarified straight away and will save the worry about paying back more money.

Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi!

I think it's best to contact student finance on the telephone. You usually get things like this clarified straight away and will save the worry about paying back more money.

Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:

Thanks, I’ll do this!

I just checked my application, and i put I’ll be on placement for all 3 terms.

What’s weird, is that I’ve been offered more than the standard for placement students, but less than the minimum for regular students. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending