The Student Room Group

Teeth whitening no difference?

Is there a chance someone can get professional whitening and see no difference? my dentist wants £350 for SDI Poladay whitening which is quite a lot of money but if there is a risk of no result then i don't think i'll go for it but my dentist keeps telling me EVERYONE see's atleast some difference but is she just saying that?
Reply 1
Why is that expensive? i thought all whitening done through a dentist would be in the £300 to £500 range?
Original post by Anonymous
Why is that expensive? i thought all whitening done through a dentist would be in the £300 to £500 range?

Try asking them to polish and scale your teeth first. Also brush your teeth for 2 minutes morning and night. I would not pay for teeth whitening as you would need 2-3 treatments for noticeable differences.
Reply 3
Original post by StarLinyx
Try asking them to polish and scale your teeth first. Also brush your teeth for 2 minutes morning and night. I would not pay for teeth whitening as you would need 2-3 treatments for noticeable differences.

They advised me to get a polish before booking an appointment for whitening so i have had one of those already and would i? apparently its a home whitening kit that lasts i believe 14 days where you wear their gel for 30 mins a day.
They advised me to get a polish before booking an appointment for whitening so i have had one of those already and would i? apparently its a home whitening kit that lasts i believe 14 days where you wear their gel for 30 mins a day.

I would concentrate on brushing your teeth well and using a whitening mouth wash for a couple of months first to see how white you can get them. The super white teeth you see on tv is a result of people investing 15-20k on a full set of new porcelain veneers.

You can buy these same whitening kits for probably £14.99 in Boots or Superdrug.

Quick Reply

Latest