The Student Room Group

Please reply ASAP

I'm 19 turning 20 soon, I still live at home still go to college still reliant on parents. Im completely aware that’s not the worst but I feel like I need to change as people my age are doing better than me I’m just worried by the time I'm doing better everyone else will still be ahead of me. I don’t have the money to move out but I'm going to go college maybe 1 more year and get a better job then save for a mortgage. Im currently saving up for a car for when I pass my test, I couldn't haven't passed yet due to covid delaying tests. I shouldn’t be at college at this age, I had an addiction to gta when I was 16 so didn't go college or nothing for a year. I just feel like I should be working full time or be at uni by now. I don't have girlfriend and never have. I don't have much skills either like I can't cook yet, I can't drive and I feel like all I have is a crush on women.

I just want sort myself out but worry I will be too slow. I go to college which I hate and have a small job which Id rather not say but it’s not enough to get me house.
My lifestyle is like is like my little nephews and he's only 15. If I could move out I would literally do it like that but its not that simple. Just want to be able to change immediately but it's not that simple. Moving out is expensive like, rent or mortgage or buying the property, water, electricity, gas, fuel for a car, mot, tax and I heard about council tax on a house you have to pay which is expensive.

Scroll to see replies

Look 19 is still young and there is no "correct" timeline or age to do things op
You are well on your way to becoming independent soon
So just focus on giving it your all this next year!
I am in the same boat as you. You’re not alone 💘💘
Reply 3
Original post by WazzWazz98
Look 19 is still young and there is no "correct" timeline or age to do things op
You are well on your way to becoming independent soon
So just focus on giving it your all this next year!

I'm 20 soon though

Original post by M-2345638393838
I am in the same boat as you. You’re not alone 💘💘

Age ?
Original post by Anonymous
Age ?

18 going 19 in august
Reply 5
I'm 19 turning 20 soon, I still live at home still go to college still reliant on parents. Im completely aware that’s not the worst but I feel like I need to change as people my age are doing better than me I’m just worried by the time I'm doing better everyone else will still be ahead of me. I don’t have the money to move out but I'm going to go college maybe 1 more year and get a better job then save for a mortgage. Im currently saving up for a car for when I pass my test, I couldn't haven't passed yet due to covid delaying tests. I shouldn’t be at college at this age, I had an addiction to gta when I was 16 so didn't go college or nothing for a year. I just feel like I should be working full time or be at uni by now. I don't have girlfriend and never have. I don't have much skills either like I can't cook yet, I can't drive and I feel like all I have is a crush on women.

I just want sort myself out but worry I will be too slow. I go to college which I hate and have a small job which Id rather not say but it’s not enough to get me house.
My lifestyle is like is like my little nephews and he's only 15. If I could move out I would literally do it like that but its not that simple. Just want to be able to change immediately but it's not that simple. Moving out is expensive like, rent or mortgage or buying the property, water, electricity, gas, fuel for a car, mot, tax and I heard about council tax on a house you have to pay which is expensive.

Jesus. You're 19. You'll be 20 and go to university. Post-university (24ish), you'll have a graduate job that pays £25k (roughly) and then you'll work your way up the career ladder.

I can assure you, you're not buying a house anytime soon but you can rent once you have a job that pays you more than a pittance that you do part-time with college.
Reply 6
Original post by SkanPad
Jesus. You're 19. You'll be 20 and go to university. Post-university (24ish), you'll have a graduate job that pays £25k (roughly) and then you'll work your way up the career ladder.

I can assure you, you're not buying a house anytime soon but you can rent once you have a job that pays you more than a pittance that you do part-time with college.

I'm not even going university
Reply 7
Original post by M-2345638393838
18 going 19 in august

Nice

But in a year's time you'll be better qualified at leas after finishing your current course
So you're almost there tbh
Reply 9
But in a year's time you'll be better qualified at leas after finishing your current course
So you're almost there tbh

Hopefully, I think my main focus is driving atm

Then I hope you are studying a good trade at college.

Perhaps, you could get a girlfriend or learn to cook, if you applied yourself in life. By applying yourself, you'll succeed. Or not, sounds like you enjoy complaining rather than making sure you succeed.
Original post by SkanPad
Then I hope you are studying a good trade at college.

Perhaps, you could get a girlfriend or learn to cook, if you applied yourself in life. By applying yourself, you'll succeed. Or not, sounds like you enjoy complaining rather than making sure you succeed.

Stop being rude
it's okay, my brother is still dependent on my parents and lives with us and he's 23. There's nothing wrong with it.
your good lives is hard
it's okay, my brother is still dependent on my parents and lives with us and he's 23. There's nothing wrong with it.

Does he work, drive, study etc?

Original post by thomasdoe
your good lives is hard

??
Does he work, drive, study etc?

??

yeah he works at mcdonalds and does drive (he doesn't have his own car though, he uses my dad's car).
ASAP

why did you want me to reply with this?
Hopefully, I think my main focus is driving

Sounds good to me!
Sounds good to me!

I know, I think I need to be more positive with it because I'm doing well with it
Original post by 2B_or_not_2B
ASAP

why did you want me to reply with this?

I didnt tag you individually

yeah he works at mcdonalds and does drive (he doesn't have his own car though, he uses my dad's car).

Hes doing good then, he's young just doing a starter job and he can put it on his cv.

Quick Reply