The Student Room Group

Depressed worrying about another lockdown

I've heard on the news that another lockdown could happen and I've been worried a lot about it. Have been down worrying about it because it might be possible to happen in the winter because of apparently new variants. We are screwed if there's another lockdown. I'm not going to follow it and I think a lot of people won't follow it but there's going to limits because businesses are going to be closed and there's snitches around. It's bad but that's just it, there is people who snitch and then it's a potential fine. I know most people don't want lockdown but there's still idiots who snitch and all that. So I'm screwed if there's another lockdown.
Reply 1
It's been playing on my mind a bit
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I've heard on the news that another lockdown could happen and I've been worried a lot about it. Have been down worrying about it because it might be possible to happen in the winter because of apparently new variants. We are screwed if there's another lockdown. I'm not going to follow it and I think a lot of people won't follow it but there's going to limits because businesses are going to be closed and there's snitches around. It's bad but that's just it, there is people who snitch and then it's a potential fine. I know most people don't want lockdown but there's still idiots who snitch and all that. So I'm screwed if there's another lockdown.

I understand it's stressful. It is for everyone, it's just a very difficult few years and it'll be a while 'til we're completely back to normal. But if another lockdown does happen and you decide to not care and live as normal, that's not going to help you or anyone because it will just make lockdown longer so by breaking the rules you're just making everyone suffer for much longer than needed.
So there may or may not be some changes in 4 or 5 months time, eh?

These things arent really predictable.

No use fretting now about something that may never happen in the future.

Just enjoy each day as it comes.

instead of wasting energy and time worrying about something that 1, might not even happen and 2, is outside of your control, and just get on with your life.
Reply 5
Original post by Vicky55
I understand it's stressful. It is for everyone, it's just a very difficult few years and it'll be a while 'til we're completely back to normal. But if another lockdown does happen and you decide to not care and live as normal, that's not going to help you or anyone because it will just make lockdown longer so by breaking the rules you're just making everyone suffer for much longer than needed.

It cannot be all blamed on rule breakers though, it's the government lying about cases, they have been putting none covid deaths down as covid

So there may or may not be some changes in 4 or 5 months time, eh?

These things arent really predictable.

No use fretting now about something that may never happen in the future.

Just enjoy each day as it comes.

Original post by 2B_or_not_2B
instead of wasting energy and time worrying about something that 1, might not even happen and 2, is outside of your control, and just get on with your life.

What if it does happen though which it could
It cannot be all blamed on rule breakers though, it's the government lying about cases, they have been putting none covid deaths down as covid

and what if it doesnt? it could not happen you know?

You could die tomorrow in a terrible accident, are you going to sit up all night worrying about that?
Live your life.
Reply 7
and what if it doesnt? it could not happen you know?

You could die tomorrow in a terrible accident, are you going to sit up all night worrying about that?
Live your life.

It's likely that it could though because it's happened before and we know the lunatic government ****ing about and ****
Reply 8

No but you're definitely not helping by spreading covid , so you're to blame too.
Reply 9
Original post by Vicky55
No but you're definitely not helping by spreading covid , so you're to blame too.

But if I don't break the rules it won't change anything
It's likely that it could though because it's happened before and we know the lunatic government ****ing about and ****

i feel like we are going round in circles.
If you live you life always worrying that the worst thing will happen im surprised you get anything done.
i feel like we are going round in circles.
If you live you life always worrying that the worst thing will happen im surprised you get anything done.

Hopefully it won't happen I guess
Hopefully it won't happen I guess

It may. It may not. It may be partially implemented. But why bother getting depressed now at an event that may not happen more than 150 days away?

Then we'll just deal with it. Worrying about it won't stop it from happening.
Original post by black tea
Then we'll just deal with it. Worrying about it won't stop it from happening.

True tbh
You are all being duped there are many false positives from the tests it's all a scam to try and bump up the case numbers that being said I still went out to work everyday through all the lockdowns so it doesn't make much difference to me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending