The Student Room Group

Gcse Drama devising help

I'm extremely uninspired right now -anyone have any ideas for the stimulus of a picture of an abandoned/broken down fairground?
Original post by SiriuslyBooked
I'm extremely uninspired right now -anyone have any ideas for the stimulus of a picture of an abandoned/broken down fairground?

One of the groups in my old drama class had a picture of an abandoned city (I think the picture was actually from The Maze Runner or something lol) and they did their piece about what caused the city to become abandoned. They focused on the history of the city and the events that led up to it becoming abandoned so you could try something similar. Was there a natural disaster? Did something bad happen at the fairground? Did someone's greed end up causing the fairground to have to close?
Original post by PhantomMercy
One of the groups in my old drama class had a picture of an abandoned city (I think the picture was actually from The Maze Runner or something lol) and they did their piece about what caused the city to become abandoned. They focused on the history of the city and the events that led up to it becoming abandoned so you could try something similar. Was there a natural disaster? Did something bad happen at the fairground? Did someone's greed end up causing the fairground to have to close?

if only i could hug you right now -thank you so much<3
if only i could hug you right now -thank you so much<3

Creating my devised drama was the highlight of my GCSE drama experience :smile: I'm glad I could help you with yours!
Creating my devised drama was the highlight of my GCSE drama experience :smile: I'm glad I could help you with yours!

Omg i have my first written mock tomorrow! If you did Edexcel and are active, could I get any tips?:smile:
Omg i have my first written mock tomorrow! If you did Edexcel and are active, could I get any tips?:smile:

I’m so sorry I didn’t reply sooner - I took a break from TSR for a while and totally missed this! I hope your mock went well :smile:
I’m so sorry I didn’t reply sooner - I took a break from TSR for a while and totally missed this! I hope your mock went well :smile:

That's okay:smile: It didn't go that well -I keep answering the questions like I would in english
That's okay:smile: It didn't go that well -I keep answering the questions like I would in english

I had the opposite problem and answered my english questions like I answered drama questions lol! You've still got a lot of time to work on your technique though so you're going to do just fine :smile:
I had the opposite problem and answered my english questions like I answered drama questions lol! You've still got a lot of time to work on your technique though so you're going to do just fine :smile:

Thank you! Any tips for how to work on answering questions? I cant find any helpful resources
Thank you! Any tips for how to work on answering questions? I cant find any helpful resources

If I'm being honest, I mainly used example essays given to me by my teacher and online. If you type up "GCSE Drama worked exam paper" or "GCSE Drama grade 9 example" you may be able to find some good ones for your set play and other plays that you can adapt etc. Also, doing practice papers and getting your teacher to mark them really helped.
If I'm being honest, I mainly used example essays given to me by my teacher and online. If you type up "GCSE Drama worked exam paper" or "GCSE Drama grade 9 example" you may be able to find some good ones for your set play and other plays that you can adapt etc. Also, doing practice papers and getting your teacher to mark them really helped.

Thank you!<3

Quick Reply

Latest