The Student Room Group

Fed up of my bf watching football all the time should I leave him?

My boyfriend always has the Football on I'm sick of it all it is is 22 players kicking a bag of air round I wanted to watch Holby on catch up tonight but my boyfriend snapped at me and put the stupid England game on we had a massive row now I'm sat in my room crying everything was fine with us until we decided to move in together in a rented house, I would leave but the rent is under both our names, any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend always has the Football on I'm sick of it all it is is 22 players kicking a bag of air round I wanted to watch Holby on catch up tonight but my boyfriend snapped at me and put the stupid England game on we had a massive row now I'm sat in my room crying everything was fine with us until we decided to move in together in a rented house, I would leave but the rent is under both our names, any advice?

have you sat with him and calmly talked to him about how it bothers you?

Is he still a loving boyfriend? Does he still kiss you and want to spend time with you doing stuff other than watching football?
Reply 3
have you sat with him and calmly talked to him about how it bothers you?

Yes but he's just get used to it and says he's had enough of me watching Holby and love Island
Is he still a loving boyfriend? Does he still kiss you and want to spend time with you doing stuff other than watching football?

Yeah sometimes but we've been arguing a lot lately in general but tonight's been the biggest blow up yet
Lol watch with him innit
It’s coming home
Reply 5
Original post by IlikeDonerKebab
Lol watch with him innit
It’s coming home

I can't stand football
I can't stand football

In the same way, he probably doesn't like Holby or LI. In relationships you have to compromise - this includes the TV! Talk to him about how you feel and work it out together, you don't need to watch TV at the same time.

Can you catch up on your programmes in another room on a laptop for the time being?

It's the Euros which'll be over in a month - don't worry!
Reply 7
Original post by RazzzBerries
In the same way, he probably doesn't like Holby or LI. In relationships you have to compromise - this includes the TV! Talk to him about how you feel and work it out together, you don't need to watch TV at the same time.

Can you catch up on your programmes in another room on a laptop for the time being?

It's the Euros which'll be over in a month - don't worry!

Not over soon enough he Always watches football

Spoiler

Reply 9
Original post by 2B_or_not_2B
i think he should leave you

your attitude stinks

No his attitude stinks hogging the t.v. all the time

**** that **** soaps are far better football is ****ing pointless
Get another tv or something to stream, allow each other to watch your own stuff, and find something additional you both want to watch together.

Can’t share everything, it would make any couple resent each other. You need your own space and time, even more so when you live together.
Reply 11
My aunt always says the secret to a healthy relationship is owning two tvs. It makes sense now. Get your boyfriend to buy you a TV and watch Holby in your room from now on.
lol England are gonna lose
Original post by Allie4
My aunt always says the secret to a healthy relationship is owning two tvs. It makes sense now. Get your boyfriend to buy you a TV and watch Holby in your room from now on.

He would never buy me a tv he's a tight git
Leave him. I think it’s completely reasonable to break up a relationship over your boyfriend watching the football.
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
Leave him. I think it’s completely reasonable to break up a relationship over your boyfriend watching the football.

I cannot tell if you're sarcastic or not.

Football's coming home!

I really don't give a ****
Original post by sufys12
I cannot tell if you're sarcastic or not.

I’ll take that as a huge compliment on my sarcasm skills©️
watch it on your phone?
Hey there,
It sounds like football is a large part of his life; therefore even though you might not be interested in the football itself, you have to ask yourself one question...are you interested in him? if yes, then maybe paying an interest in what he is passionate about might make you closer together. And if you start paying attention to his interests, it will be easier to say how you feel i.e. "i've tried to engage with you about your interests, can I talk to you about mine, such as the TV i'm interested in?"
As previously mentioned on here, relationships are about compromises and it might make you a stronger couple, and it would give you something at least to talk about.
At the end of the day, if you like him enough either one of your TV habits should not jeopardise that and if you're not okay with that then maybe this relationship isn't for you....

Quick Reply