The Student Room Group

How do I stop my period being 6 days early?

My period used to be late and it was so nice as but all of a sudden it started coming early. First my last one and now this one is 6 days earlier. Is there something wrong with me and how can I meals it normal/even late again?
Reply 1
Speak to your GP. There’s period delay medication and also birth control such as the pill and injection can regulate periods but you need to speak to a health professional, they’ll be able to guide you more than we can.
Probably ask someone your comfortable with whether they experienced this or not. A change in diet or weight can cause delays.
see a doctor
Reply 4
Guys I don’t feel comfortable speaking to my parents about this so I can’t speak to a doctor right now

Original post by Anonymous
see a doctor

Original post by Gingsing25
Speak to your GP. There’s period delay medication and also birth control such as the pill and injection can regulate periods but you need to speak to a health professional, they’ll be able to guide you more than we can.
Reply 5
Guys I don’t feel comfortable speaking to my parents about this so I can’t speak to a doctor right now

It might be worth learning to be more comfortable speaking about it - it's just a normal body process, and you do need to keep an eye on your health instead of just ignoring it to avoid speaking about it.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by it always being late (since surely that would just mean it was on time to your body's routine), but periods do change and shift around into new routines from time to time. If by early you mean that your cycles are usually 30 days long, and the last one was 24 and now this one was 18, you might want to speak to a doctor as that's quite a rapid change, but if you mean they're usually about 30 and the last 2 have been about 24 then that's still within the average range, so there's probably nothing to worry about (and nothing you can do to change it without going on the pill or other hormonal birth control).

You can see a Doctor without your parents knowing, there is actually no legal minimum age as long as the Doctor thinks it isn't crucial for them to know, which in this case it isn't.

Not your parents, an external doctor like your GP, GP's do telephone consultations now and you can ask them to not tell your parents if you are under 16, if you are over 16 they wont tell your parents anyways.
Reply 8
Also an update but my period literally didn’t come today so I’m kind of confused?
Reply 9
Also an update but my period literally didn’t come today so I’m kind of confused?

This happens sometimes, often if you are stressed about things like exams.

Periods can be delayed, they generally come within a week or two though.
Original post by Kerzen

Omg yes I have my mocks that start tomorrow so I have been stressing a lot because of them. I’ve also been stressing about my eczema so this might be it.
Original post by Kerzen

The only problem is my period came before yesterday and now all of a sudden it literally vanished so I’m so confused
How old are you and did you previously have regular periods meaning did you have a usual number of days between periods.
Original post by Scotney
How old are you and did you previously have regular periods meaning did you have a usual number of days between periods.

I’m 15 and had my period since I was 12. Tbh I don’t remember ever having EXACTLY regular periods but when I was in year 8 my periods were fairly regular tbh. Somehow when I began year 9 it was just a whole mess
I’m 15 and had my period since I was 12. Tbh I don’t remember ever having EXACTLY regular periods but when I was in year 8 my periods were fairly regular tbh. Somehow when I began year 9 it was just a whole mess

Maybe you have pcos, it's where a hormone imbalance messes up your periods and makes them irregular

Quick Reply

Latest