The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Actuarial science in Lse

Hi guys just wanna ask if is it possible for me to get an offer for actuarial science in LSE without further maths, I’m currently having maths physics and economics. I heard that students without fm have really small chance to get an offer
Reply 1
Original post by H4nnnssss
Hi guys just wanna ask if is it possible for me to get an offer for actuarial science in LSE without further maths, I’m currently having maths physics and economics. I heard that students without fm have really small chance to get an offer

Hello, please see the information on the programme page. Due to the demanding mathematical content of the programme, level of competition for places, and the high attainment level of our applicants, we do take an applicant's level of mathematical study into consideration as part of our assessment process. This is one way that we can compare between the many highly qualified applicants who meet or exceed the standard offer. As detailed, Further Mathematics is highly desirable for this programme. If Further Maths was offered by your school/college and you did not take it, you are therefore likely to be disadvantaged. If it was not offered by your school/college, we would expect your referee to explain this in their UCAS reference, and you would not be disadvantaged as a result. I'm afraid we cannot assess your chances of admission prior to reviewing a complete UCAS application, assessed in competition with all other applicants.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by LSE
Hello, please see the information on the programme page. Due to the demanding mathematical content of the programme, level of competition for places, and the high attainment level of our applicants, we do take an applicant's level of mathematical study into consideration as part of our assessment process. This is one way that we can compare between the many highly qualified applicants who meet or exceed the standard offer. As detailed, Further Mathematics is highly desirable for this programme. If Further Maths was offered by your school/college and you did not take it, you are therefore likely to be disadvantaged. If it was not offered by your school/college, we would expect your referee to explain this in their UCAS reference, and you would not be disadvantaged as a result. I'm afraid we cannot assess your chances of admission prior to reviewing a complete UCAS application, assessed in competition with all other applicants.

Alright got it. What if I do at least AS further math this Oct/Nov series along with other A2 subjects and submit my UCAS at the end of the year, does it slightly help to meet the requirement? Or it should be a whole A level.
Reply 3
Original post by H4nnnssss
Alright got it. What if I do at least AS further math this Oct/Nov series along with other A2 subjects and submit my UCAS at the end of the year, does it slightly help to meet the requirement? Or it should be a whole A level.

Yes as outlined on the programme page, Further Mathematics to at least at AS level is highly desirable. As we assess applicants holistically it's not necessarily a case of an applicant with Further Maths at A level being automatically more competitive than a candidate with Further Maths up to AS level only. We will refer to the information provided by your UCAS referee to gain an understanding of your access to Further Maths at your school and this will be taken into consideration when assessing your profile, alongside all other information provided on the UCAS form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending