The Student Room Group

Re-taking year 12 A-levels

So basically in my GCSE's i got 7's in my sciences but i am practically failing my a-level subjects as i am getting d's, c's and u's in my subjects.

I did change schools as i thought this school had more support for their student as the teachers kept emphasing it and my mom got very ill so i had to stay close.

However i was so wrong, it might be because of COVID or the change in exam boards but i was struggling to give everything in as i wasn't taught anything as i couldn't understand or learn anything online as i am a learner who excels in classrooms by taking in my surroundings.

I don't know what to do, my vice principle might not allow me to re-take the year with the same subjects however i ask my teachers, which are heads of their subjects , and they said you have the potentially to improve.
I guess given the current state of affairs it can be difficult to pinpoint that primary reason

But remember that GCSE and a levels are not comparable op
Success in the former doesn't guarantee anything with the latter
The potential to improve doesn't mean you will receive permission though

With your mum's health you can argue mitigating circumstances which they should hopefully approve

Talk to your tutor asap
Original post by AaAGS
So basically in my GCSE's i got 7's in my sciences but i am practically failing my a-level subjects as i am getting d's, c's and u's in my subjects.

I did change schools as i thought this school had more support for their student as the teachers kept emphasing it and my mom got very ill so i had to stay close.

However i was so wrong, it might be because of COVID or the change in exam boards but i was struggling to give everything in as i wasn't taught anything as i couldn't understand or learn anything online as i am a learner who excels in classrooms by taking in my surroundings.

I don't know what to do, my vice principle might not allow me to re-take the year with the same subjects however i ask my teachers, which are heads of their subjects , and they said you have the potentially to improve.

I got Es in both my recent maths exams- as someone who got a 9 in all of my GCSEs I was devastated. I asked for a resit, revised loads of past papers and in my first paper got a B (two weeks after the E). Ask for a resit and show improvment- even if it is just one grade you go up by, it shows the progress you csn make over the summer.

Quick Reply

Latest