The Student Room Group

Provisional license

I have been waiting 7 weeks for my license and have to keep cancelling my driving lessons because it has not arrived. Cannot contact anyone from DVLA, line is always busy and cannot talk on webchat, have submitted an email request but no response. How long has everyone else's taken to arrive? I applied on 5th May
Reply 1
Original post by hstudent22
I have been waiting 7 weeks for my license and have to keep cancelling my driving lessons because it has not arrived. Cannot contact anyone from DVLA, line is always busy and cannot talk on webchat, have submitted an email request but no response. How long has everyone else's taken to arrive? I applied on 5th May

Did you apply online? You should get an email with your details to confirm the letter to then send off your ID and photo with someone signing off on it. Which stage did you get to?
Original post by anon033
Did you apply online? You should get an email with your details to confirm the letter to then send off your ID and photo with someone signing off on it. Which stage did you get to?

I'm also in the same situation as well, I have applied around that time and I was sent a paper application. I filled it in and sent it but there is no response. Some people I know have go theirs within 2 weeks. I understand paper applications take up to 6 weeks to process but I didn't choose to do it paper based in the first place, I did it online and then I got this form? Anyone I know didn't experience this.....
Reply 3
Original post by aspiringmedic456
I'm also in the same situation as well, I have applied around that time and I was sent a paper application. I filled it in and sent it but there is no response. Some people I know have go theirs within 2 weeks. I understand paper applications take up to 6 weeks to process but I didn't choose to do it paper based in the first place, I did it online and then I got this form? Anyone I know didn't experience this.....

After you filled it in online, you then get the paper application for the photo ID and another person you've known for 2 years that's a professional has to sign to confirm, then it comes within a few weeks. If you start online in the first place it's meant to be quicker that way, but my friend and I are still waiting. I know someone else who did it the same way we did and it was a few weeks for them, so I guess there's nothing else to do but wait.
Original post by hstudent22

Hello did you get your id? Or the state change ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending