The Student Room Group

Missing uni already

I just arrived home from uni a few days ago after my first year, and I'm already missing all my friends there. In the final term, I met a potential future partner that I seemed to really get on well with, and now moving home has made me realise that I actually miss hanging out with them.Anyone else feel the same/felt the same when they were at uni? How did you cope with it?
(edited 2 years ago)
Are you no longer studying right now?
Original post by joec123
I just arrived home from uni a few days ago after my first year, and I'm already missing all my friends there. In the final term, I met a potential future partner that I seemed to really get on well with, and now moving home has made me realise that I actually miss hanging out with them.Anyone else feel the same/felt the same when they were at uni? How did you cope with it?

Hi! @joec123

I felt the same after my first year. Just try and stay in contact with them. As a group in first year we went to places like Thorpe Park in the summer to meet. This is a great way to still see each other. Or even inviting each other to your home towns can be fun.
I always thought it was only for 2 months so wasn't long at all when you think about it. Keep in mind when you all meet up when you go back it will great and won't feel like you spent loads of time apart.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by SlaveofAll
Are you no longer studying right now?

No I am not, I'm home for summer :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi! @joec123

I felt the same after my first year. Just try and stay in contact with them. As a group in first year we went to places like Thorpe Park in the summer to meet. This is a great way to still see each other. Or even inviting each other to your home towns can be fun.
I always thought it was only for 2 months so wasn't long at all when you think about it. Keep in mind when you all meet up when you go back it will great and won't feel like you spent loads of time apart.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply! A lot of my friends I have made actually live abroad, so it's hard for me to see them during the summer, especially during the pandemic :frown:
Original post by joec123

Hello,

This is a super normal feeling! Don't worry, summer will fly by and you'll all be reunited before you know it.

You can have regular facetimes and meet up with those who arent too far away. It will make it even more special when you all get to see each other again for your second year!

Antonia:h:
University of Liverpool - Student Ambassador
Original post by joec123
No I am not, I'm home for summer :smile:

I see.
Original post by joec123
Thanks for the reply! A lot of my friends I have made actually live abroad, so it's hard for me to see them during the summer, especially during the pandemic :frown:

Hi! @joec123

Ahh, I see what you mean. :frown:
Luckily it's not long now, so you can keep yourself busy for a bit. Maybe work more or volunteer.
Be sure to keep in contact with your uni mates. As they live far away try to facetime or zoom call them more often. Even sending them a meme or something that you both can relate to is really good for staying in contact.
It's like with any adult friendship, you see them less often (even a couple of months), but when you do see each other it's like you never left.

I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest