The Student Room Group

why did she cover her breasts?

So I was in croydon shopping centre walking along and I notice this woman in front of me.

Then out of my peripheral vision I noticed there was a lot of breast area showing. Like there was more breast showing than there was breast covered up.

So I did what most straight males would feel inclined to do in that situation and lowered my gaze and took a wee gander

The woman INSTANTLY saw me looking, let out a loud gasp and then started trying to cover her breasts with her hand!

I mean wtf?
If you have them out like that then you should expect people to look imo.

Am I in the wrong for looking or is she in the wrong for having them out on show...?

Scroll to see replies

wrong for looking, a woman has every right to dress however she wants without being made to feel awkward
just because most men would look it doesnt make it right
If she instantly covered it up, you were probably looking at them in an inappropriate manner in which she didn’t want you to. Simple.
Reply 3
Bit of both
Reply 4
Original post by CaptainDuckie
If she instantly covered it up, you were probably looking at them in an inappropriate manner in which she didn’t want you to. Simple.

I honestly thought I was being rather discreet about it :dontknow:
I don't know
as a girl i would fully expect men to be staring like that because let's face it they're men and it happens constantly, thus I avoid it unless i fancy the attention that day
Reply 6
Original post by WazzWazz98
wrong for looking, a woman has every right to dress however she wants without being made to feel awkward
just because most men would look it doesnt make it right

Original post by Compost
Bit of both

If she is wearing inappropriate clothing then it's her fault if people look imo.

If I go out without my boxers on I can hardly complain when people get offended can I now?
Original post by ANM775
I honestly thought I was being rather discreet about it :dontknow:

Well, discreetness doesn’t work on all people. This is why you should never look. Sometimes women accept that you are looking but this one simply didn’t want you to look. Simple man. It’s a hot day too, she can wear what she pleases.

I don’t see random girls looking at my biceps..
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
If she is wearing inappropriate clothing then it's her fault if people look imo.

If I go out without my boxers on I can hardly complain when people get offended can I now?

thats not the same
it is obvious that people will look because thats how society is, but doesnt make it justifiable
Reply 9
thats not the same
it is obvious that people will look because thats how society is, but doesnt make it justifiable

If something is put freely on show, then one should not be chastised for looking.
It's like Primark putting something in the display window and then start complaining at people walking past when they start looking at it.
Do you think she meant to have that much breast on show? Accidents do happen.

Personally I don't think anyone should be flashing their sexual organs around in public places, it's indecent. The obvious exception to this is breast feeding.
Reply 11
arguably it wasn't me looking at her breasts .. it was more like her breasts looking at me they were that much on show :laugh:
Original post by ANM775
If something is put freely on show, then one should not be chastised for looking.
It's like Primark putting something in the display window and then start complaining at people walking past when they start looking at it.

that logic is flawed
does that not imply that just because a woman is not covered completely from head to toe, she is somehow to blame for being assaulted? or harrassed? [which is what that gaze is, harassment to an extent]
Original post by ANM775

How far do you extend your logic?
Reply 14
Original post by glassalice
Do you think she meant to have that much breast on show? Accidents do happen.

Personally I don't think anyone should be flashing their sexual organs around in public places, it's indecent. The obvious exception to this is breast feeding.

I think it was definitely intentional yes.

and yes with breast feeding mothers I instantly avert my gaze.
It is a case that whilst she did not want to wear a lot, she also does not specifically wish to be stared at.
Reply 16
that logic is flawed
does that not imply that just because a woman is not covered completely from head to toe, she is somehow to blame for being assaulted? or harrassed? [which is what that gaze is, harassment to an extent]

I did not say anything about assault or laying hands on her. my hands were kept to myself at all times.

Original post by Jack22031994
How far do you extend your logic?

you're going to have to elaborate.
Reply 17
That's only the second bad reaction i've ever got to looking at revealing breasts like that.. lol

Women usually seem to not care when I look, or some even look like they low key like it.
Original post by ANM775
you're going to have to elaborate.

So if a woman went out dressed in a short skirt and lowcut top etc or 'inappropriately' to use your words and gets assaulted it's her fault? It's the extension of your own thought process of 'its her fault.'
Reply 19
Original post by White Wizard
It is a case that whilst she did not want to wear a lot, she also does not specifically wish to be stared at.

The INSTANT I lowered my gaze she started gasping and trying to cover herself.

I did not even get a chance to stare. The moment I looked she acted like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending