The Student Room Group

Why is he being polite to me especially when we haven’t talked or had any other conta

After 8 months of not talking he sent me a private message to congratulate me on something. Is he just being nice?

He used to find me attractive in the past. We never dated and aren’t even friends. We had some conversations in the instagram DM’s months ago mostly initiated by me. Why is he being nice to me?

Scroll to see replies

He could be bored, lonely or wants to chat with you again.
Covid has severely disrupted so many people's social lives, dating attempts and employment.
Original post by londonmyst
He could be bored, lonely or wants to chat with you again.
Covid has severely disrupted so many people's social lives, dating attempts and employment.

In our country resteraunts are open again etc altough they can’t be open past midnight. So there’s no lockdown anymore. Also he’s very handsome guy and many girls are after him and he could get any girl basically lol.
Also he has a job too.
(edited 2 years ago)
*cracks knuckles*

He may be feeling lonely, sure. But then again, I used to be chatting to my ex crush for ages, before i realised i actually LIKED him. I then practically ghosted him for a year because of my nerves.

Whatever I implied, you didn't hear it from me :colone:
Original post by Anonymous
*cracks knuckles*

He may be feeling lonely, sure. But then again, I used to be chatting to my ex crush for ages, before i realised i actually LIKED him. I then practically ghosted him for a year because of my nerves.

Whatever I implied, you didn't hear it from me :colone:

So what are you saying ? That he likes me but he’s shy ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Miss_angelina
So what are you saying ? That he likes me but he’s shy ?

Yep, thats what i'm saying.

Then again, he might just want to reconnect, but also consider other possibilities :biggrin:
Does he really need a reason to just be nice and congratulate you? I mean, what's wrong with it?
Yep, thats what i'm saying.

Then again, he might just want to reconnect, but also consider other possibilities :biggrin:

Would it be desperate if I started to talk to him again ? Also he replies to instagram story usually if I have posted a life event. So far he has reacted to my life events three times (for example to congratulate me or offer condolences). Idk why would he care about my life events since we have never dated and aren’t even friends…
Original post by shooonthebeat
Does he really need a reason to just be nice and congratulate you? I mean, what's wrong with it?

Idk I thought guys go out their way to be nice to a girl who they aren’t friends with if they’re interested in her…
Would it be desperate if I started to talk to him again ? Also he replies to instagram story usually if I have posted a life event. So far he has reacted to my life events three times (for example to congratulate me or offer condolences). Idk why would he care about my life events since we have never dated and aren’t even friends…

Not really, if you respond as a friend, you might get hints or something. Then again, he might just want to reconnect, but you should totally reply normally.
Idk I thought guys go out their way to be nice to a girl who they aren’t friends with if they’re interested in her…

Sometimes yes, not always the case tho. Just being nice in general and congratulating you isn't really going out of his way tho, just a kind gesture.
Not really, if you respond as a friend, you might get hints or something. Then again, he might just want to reconnect, but you should totally reply normally.

What kind of hints for example ?
Sometimes yes, not always the case tho. Just being nice in general and congratulating you isn't really going out of his way tho, just a kind gesture.

He sent me a private message by replying to my instagram. He could easily keep it moving and not text anything…
What kind of hints for example ?

I mean, I ghosted my crush so aha i have zero clue, maybe like i dunno an interest in you like first asking questions like how your day was?
If he replies hella quick, then it might be a sign, or if he'd rather talk about you or ask questions to make you talk to him?
He sent me a private message by replying to my instagram. He could easily keep it moving and not text anything…

Yeah but he decided not to. He actually decided to talk to you which means he cares at least to some extent. Whether this is just as friends or more I really don't know as idk how close you are with him.
I mean, I ghosted my crush so aha i have zero clue, maybe like i dunno an interest in you like first asking questions like how your day was?
If he replies hella quick, then it might be a sign, or if he'd rather talk about you or ask questions to make you talk to him?

Idk if this was coincidence. One time I was mainly the one who asked him questions and he replied to them and he also asked me back same questions. Then I diidn’t talked to him for a while and he then posted to his story ”ask me questions”
He had never posted that earlier to his stories.
Yeah but he decided not to. He actually decided to talk to you which means he cares at least to some extent. Whether this is just as friends or more I really don't know as idk how close you are with him.

I’m not close eith him at all :biggrin: he knows me through mutual friends but that’s all. He knows some basic info about me.
Idk if this was coincidence. One time I was mainly the one who asked him questions and he replied to them and he also asked me back same questions. Then I diidn’t talked to him for a while and he then posted to his story ”ask me questions”
He had never posted that earlier to his stories.

Then it could be a sign fam. Best advice from someone who regrets her own actions of not being BRAVE enough, just speak to him normally. :biggrin:
I’m not close eith him at all :biggrin: he knows me through mutual friends but that’s all. He knows some basic info about me.

Well he's trying to talk to you now so he either wants to just befriend you or wants something more. I'd say keep talking to him and see where it goes.
Well he's trying to talk to you now so he either wants to just befriend you or wants something more. I'd say keep talking to him and see where it goes.

Why do u think he’s trying to talk to me further :smile:..I’m just curious….

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending