The Student Room Group

How can I wear a bikini without my parents knowing

Guys. I’m going out to the beach with three of my male friends but my parents think I’m going work. They don’t like me going out for long, having a guy friend and also wearing shorts, dresses etc cuz they’re religious. I wanna wear a bikini when meeting them as we will be going swimming and all. I’m scared someone I know will see me with 1. Guys and 2. Wearing a bikini. What shall I do?
Who would see you realistically?

just wear it. take a sarong or cover up to throw over on top in case you see anyone you know who might be problematic
Go to a beach far away from both your local area and where your parents friends live.
Can you book a hotel room or airbnb close to the beach so that you will be able to get changed into your swimsuit and have the option of a place to stay?
Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Who would see you realistically?

just wear it. take a sarong or cover up to throw over on top in case you see anyone you know who might be problematic

Like relatives and they will literally kick me out of the country if they see me.
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
Go to a beach far away from both your local area and where your parents friends live.
Can you book a hotel room or airbnb close to the beach so that you will be able to get changed into your swimsuit and have the option of a place to stay?
Good luck!

I could but I have to be home before 6. And my parents have my card details so they can see where my money goes when I spend it. Thanks though
Can't you just wear it underneath smth and undress at the beach?
Reply 6
Original post by Justaboutalive
Can't you just wear it underneath smth and undress at the beach?

I could do that but my friends want me to change into my bikini whilst I’m at the beach
I could do that but my friends want me to change into my bikini whilst I’m at the beach

That's what i said tho lol.
And anyways how does you changing at the beach affect them, its not their parents is it.
I could but I have to be home before 6. And my parents have my card details so they can see where my money goes when I spend it. Thanks though

Trust your gut instinct and always put your safety first. :smile:
I understand your situation; as a teen living with parents I got caught wearing a swimsuit and still have to cover the scars with daily makeup.
My mother's violent reflexes were triggered by her cranky religious friends complaints and moral outrage.

Your parents shouldn't have access to your private bank account info or online banking logins.
You may want to consider opening up a new bank account that your parents know nothing about and registering for paper free statements by email.
Good luck!
Reply 9
Trust your gut instinct and always put your safety first. :smile:
I understand your situation; as a teen living with parents I got caught wearing a swimsuit and still have to cover the scars with daily makeup.
My mother's violent reflexes were triggered by her cranky religious friends complaints and moral outrage.

Your parents shouldn't have access to your private bank account info or online banking logins.
You may want to consider opening up a new bank account that your parents know nothing about and registering for paper free statements by email.
Good luck!

Oh noo I’m sorry you shouldn’t have to go through something like that :frown: do you regret wearing one as it will be my first time wearing it.

Your friends want you to change into a bikini as opposed to just wearing it? That's a little odd.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 11
Like relatives and they will literally kick me out of the country if they see me.

It's important that you know that your relatives have no power over your being in the UK whatsoever. They are powerless.
Reply 12

That sounds a bit odd. It makes more sense to put your bikini on under, say, shorts and a top before you go to the beach.

How old are you by the way?
Reply 13

To do that, they would need access to your bank statement.

How are they managing that?
Oh noo I’m sorry you shouldn’t have to go through something like that :frown: do you regret wearing one as it will be my first time wearing it.

I'm fine now, escaped from my parents eight years ago before a levels were over and will probably never speak to them again. :smile:
No regrets.
Personally I prefer tankinis to bikinis and other swimsuits.
Original post by Theloniouss
Your friends want you to change into a bikini as opposed to just wearing it? That's a little odd.

Yeah that’s what they told me and they said they’re doing the same
I'm fine now, escaped from my parents eight years ago before a levels were over and will probably never speak to them again. :smile:
No regrets.
Personally I prefer tankinis to bikinis and other swimsuits.

That’s great at least you have freedom now
Reply 17
Yeah that’s what they told me and they said they’re doing the same

How do you know these guys?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending