The Student Room Group

Anyone’s 1 year work coach contract been extended?

Hi,

Has anyone’s year contract as a work coach for dwp been extended yet, for people who started a year ago now?

Or at the 12 months has it just closed.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ShaunW5000
Hi,

Has anyone’s year contract as a work coach for dwp been extended yet, for people who started a year ago now?

Or at the 12 months has it just closed.

I would love to know that too. And maybe if someone got more than 12 months on their FTA already..I read that some people got 18 months when offered the jobs, just don't know if they were from this 2021 campaign. Best of luck to you
I’m interested to see too. I’m 6 months In 🤞🏼
Reply 3
Original post by Emz12345678
I’m interested to see too. I’m 6 months In 🤞🏼

Hows it going so far for you? Do they say anything or do you have any evaluation?
Original post by Cbrandao
Hows it going so far for you? Do they say anything or do you have any evaluation?

Hi I love the job. You will have reviews with your manager but ultimately you are left to your own device. You are expected to manage your own time and diary
Reply 5
Great..Any comments on whether you think you'll get extended or made permanent?
Great..Any comments on whether you think you'll get extended or made permanent?

Nope: they have no idea and can’t give any guarantees. I hope I stay as I will be finished up at Xmas if not!
Reply 7
Nope: they have no idea and can’t give any guarantees. I hope I stay as I will be finished up at Xmas if not!

I hope so too! Just make sure you cover everything and get good reviews. Sure they will get the good people to stay! All the best to you and hopefully I will be your colleague soon! Best regards
Thought we may hear tomorrow about extensions ?
Original post by alwaysconfused8
Thought we may hear tomorrow about extensions ?

Yeah it was said today that we will be extended and we will find out tomorrow how long!
Yeah it was said today that we will be extended and we will find out tomorrow how long!

Uhul!!! That would be for all WC? I just made it to reserve, but hoping it goes through at some point..
Uhul!!! That would be for all WC? I just made it to reserve, but hoping it goes through at some point..

I am assuming so. They didn’t give much away, just said it will be announced tomorrow
I am assuming so. They didn’t give much away, just said it will be announced tomorrow

I started in may 2021 and am concerned it won’t actually be that much of an extension for us newer guys e.g if they extend all of the fixed term contracts to july 2022 it’s only an extra 2 months for me whereas people who are due to finish their 12 months soon this could be an up to extra year on their contract which is amazing for them!!
Original post by Johnjones7656
I started in may 2021 and am concerned it won’t actually be that much of an extension for us newer guys e.g if they extend all of the fixed term contracts to july 2022 it’s only an extra 2 months for me whereas people who are due to finish their 12 months soon this could be an up to extra year on their contract which is amazing for them!!

I personally think it will be an extra year on current contract. There is far too much need for the role. I could be wrong but I feel it will keep being extended
I personally think it will be an extra year on current contract. There is far too much need for the role. I could be wrong but I feel it will keep being extended

I really hope so ! Best of luck everyone.
Original post by Johnjones7656

Make sense they extend people who are on the job longer and the new ones get extended later on. Did they said how would that be? Like an extension to each contract or a set date to everybody? Like, if you got in now it would be offered like 18 months or everybody has a job until january 2023 (just making things up, guys)…
Make sense they extend people who are on the job longer and the new ones get extended later on. Did they said how would that be? Like an extension to each contract or a set date to everybody? Like, if you got in now it would be offered like 18 months or everybody has a job until january 2023 (just making things up, guys)…

I got the impression it would be a set date Eg jan 2023 like your example. So it would mean different extensions for everyone!
Not sure if this helps at all or puts doubts on extensions for some, but I heard this gossip (I'm on leave this week) and have seen on the trade union site that AO's were all extended to March 2022. No idea when AO's were recruited and if that is long or not on their original contracts, but it may factor into our dates for extension.
Original post by kat.muse
Not sure if this helps at all or puts doubts on extensions for some, but I heard this gossip (I'm on leave this week) and have seen on the trade union site that AO's were all extended to March 2022. No idea when AO's were recruited and if that is long or not on their original contracts, but it may factor into our dates for extension.

It was mentioned on the colleague call this morning and I found it strange why they didn’t announce AO and EO at the same time. My thoughts are that there is a greater need for WCs and they may be extended long term and announcing them together may have been a kick in the teeth for AOs.
Does anyone know how they will announce this ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending