The Student Room Group

Still fixated on a girl I met two years ago

So I met a girl two years ago she led me on and friend zoned me we hung out twice yet still to this day I can’t get over her? I’ll think I’ve moved on but I just relive the past and want to hang out with her again even though she isn’t a really nice person because of what she done etc. It got so bad I went to her uni hall last month to ask for her and apparently she isn’t there anymore? I just can’t stop reliving the past and after I met her I didn’t find someone else I liked at all I kinda think she was the one?

Scroll to see replies

Advice?
Why would she be the one if she did that to you

You found her mysterious and unattainable more than anything
If you have her on socials, remove her.
Focus on yourself first; get some hobbies, interests so you have something that distracts you. In the mean time, start talking to someone new. You will forget about her. All easier said than done but with time, you can do anything.
Original post by Anonymous

What do you suggest I do?
Original post by Cutelittlemonkey
What do you suggest I do?

Nothing. Get over it - looking for her at halls two years later is just creepy tbh. What will it achieve? She isn't interested.
Nothing. Get over it - looking for her at halls two years later is just creepy tbh. What will it achieve? She isn't interested.

I was played really bad though
I was played really bad though

She doesn't owe you anything.
She doesn't owe you anything.

Why would you say something like that about someone who treated me bad and messed with my head bad and played me

PRSOM
Why would you say something like that about someone who treated me bad and messed with my head bad and played me

What? She doesn't! That's your perception, whether it's true or not It was TWO YEARS ago and you hung out barely a few times, and even if it were dating and she deliberately tried to upset you (doubtful), it still doesn't mean you have any right to her time.

So what, you find her and show up. What will that do? She will feel massively creeped out as a bare minimum. You don't get anywhere further than you are right now.

Get over it. Move on. Hell, get some therapy, man.
What? She doesn't! That's your perception, whether it's true or not It was TWO YEARS ago and you hung out barely a few times, and even if it were dating and she deliberately tried to upset you (doubtful), it still doesn't mean you have any right to her time.

So what, you find her and show up. What will that do? She will feel massively creeped out as a bare minimum. You don't get anywhere further than you are right now.

Get over it. Move on. Hell, get some therapy, man.

Why would it be doubtful she done it deliberately? She literally did do it by purpose lmao.....
Why would it be doubtful she done it deliberately? She literally did do it by purpose lmao.....

It is my experience, and of many other women, that men are more often than not incapable of differentiating between being friendly and trying to get with someone.

But, regardless - we're only hearing this from you. Doubt will have to remain insofar as we aren't able to hear from this girl.

She still ain't interested and possibly never was in that respect. Or even if she was, evidently after some hanging out she decided actually nah, not interested and that is perfectly within her rights.
So I met a girl two years ago she led me on and friend zoned me we hung out twice yet still to this day I can’t get over her? I’ll think I’ve moved on but I just relive the past and want to hang out with her again even though she isn’t a really nice person because of what she done etc. It got so bad I went to her uni hall last month to ask for her and apparently she isn’t there anymore? I just can’t stop reliving the past and after I met her I didn’t find someone else I liked at all I kinda think she was the one?

Lol she friebdzoned you
Lol she friebdzoned you

Yeah
It is my experience, and of many other women, that men are more often than not incapable of differentiating between being friendly and trying to get with someone.

But, regardless - we're only hearing this from you. Doubt will have to remain insofar as we aren't able to hear from this girl.

She still ain't interested and possibly never was in that respect. Or even if she was, evidently after some hanging out she decided actually nah, not interested and that is perfectly within her rights.

Well she said I’m attractive but not her type then she said she’d date me then if it was just looks she’d date she was all over me drunk stripped (not naked though) then she tried saying she had a bf then after we met she tried saying she was underage I’d put a bet on that’s messing someone around and not me misinterpretation
Yeah

Unlucky nothing will ever happen
Unlucky nothing will ever happen

Is there anything else I could of maybe done
Well she said I’m attractive but not her type then she said she’d date me then if it was just looks she’d date she was all over me drunk stripped (not naked though) then she tried saying she had a bf then after we met she tried saying she was underage I’d put a bet on that’s messing someone around and not me misinterpretation

Hmm. Element of also not interested but worried about how you might react (see it all the time eg nights out, if you say no to someone, whether or not you've kissed them, if you say not interested they either won't take no for an answer and persist/harrass or get violent/aggressive), could be at play.

But even so. It doesn't get away from the fact this was two years ago, very little actually happened or was invested, and she is still in her right to change her mind. Fine, you're not happy but you *need* to move on. You're not going to get anything out of trying to find her other than perhaps a restraining order....
Hmm. Element of also not interested but worried about how you might react (see it all the time eg nights out, if you say no to someone, whether or not you've kissed them, if you say not interested they either won't take no for an answer and persist/harrass or get violent/aggressive), could be at play.

But even so. It doesn't get away from the fact this was two years ago, very little actually happened or was invested, and she is still in her right to change her mind. Fine, you're not happy but you *need* to move on. You're not going to get anything out of trying to find her other than perhaps a restraining order....

She came on to me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending