The Student Room Group

Catering Personal Statement specifically for Cambridge

Hello,

I am an international student planning on applying just to Cambridge. I've come to learn that the Personal Statement is part of the UCAS application, and thus specificities are discouraged. However given my circumstances, I would very much like to cater my essay to the university and the course. Would such a decision be nonetheless frowned upon by the admissions office?

Kind regards.
Original post by AmélieScholtes
Hello,

I am an international student planning on applying just to Cambridge. I've come to learn that the Personal Statement is part of the UCAS application, and thus specificities are discouraged. However given my circumstances, I would very much like to cater my essay to the university and the course. Would such a decision be nonetheless frowned upon by the admissions office?

Kind regards.

Cambridge send something called an SAQ to every applicant after they’ve sent their admissions form and it gives you the opportunity to express why Cambridge in particular
There's nothing stopping you, and I don't think admissions would be bothered by it. Unless your course is Cambridge-specific though (like Land Economy), I struggle to believe it would give you any advantage. It depends on what you are specifically planning to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending