The Student Room Group

second degree - joint social work and nursing

Hi,

I already have a undergrduate degree but am wanting to apply for this course at Sheffield Hallam: https://www.shu.ac.uk/courses/nursing-and-midwifery/bsc-honours-nursing-learning-disability-and-social-work/full-time

As this is joint learning disability nursing and social work, I wondered where I stood in getting funding for a second degree. My understanding is that nursing is an exception course for funding, but social work is not. As this degree leads to qualifications as both a learning disability nurse, and social worker, will I be eligible for funding despite having an undergrad degree already?
Original post by CourtneyAct1
Hi,

I already have a undergrduate degree but am wanting to apply for this course at Sheffield Hallam: https://www.shu.ac.uk/courses/nursing-and-midwifery/bsc-honours-nursing-learning-disability-and-social-work/full-time

As this is joint learning disability nursing and social work, I wondered where I stood in getting funding for a second degree. My understanding is that nursing is an exception course for funding, but social work is not. As this degree leads to qualifications as both a learning disability nurse, and social worker, will I be eligible for funding despite having an undergrad degree already?

Hi there,
We will fund the following Allied Health Professional courses regardless of your previous study;

Chiropody
Dental hygiene (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
Dental therapy (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
Dental hygiene and dental therapy (Joint or dual honours)
Dietetics
Dietetics and nutrition*
Midwifery (Degree or diploma level)
Nursing (Degree or diploma level)
Nursing and social work** (Dual honours)
Occupational therapy
Operating department practice (Degree or diploma level)
Orthoptics
Physiotherapy
Podiatry
Prosthetics and Orthotics
Radiography
Radiotherapy
Speech and language therapy
*Nutrition on its own is not classed as an AHP

**Nursing has to be the first named subject for nursing and social work to be classed as an AHP

So as long as your course is Nursing and social work, not social work and nursing then you should be funded.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending