best way to spend summer before a levels

Watch
seasaltfresh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I’m taking english lit, psychology, and sociology - thank you!
ashalalabaz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by seasaltfresh)
proper weirdo if your gonna study the summer after gcses
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Enjoying yourself!
SB1234567890
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I did psychology and sociology and all I did in the summer before year 12 was print off and glance over the specifications as well as creating a folder of past papers so I could look at the style of assessment
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
seasaltfresh
Hello! I have a Sociology degree and an MSc in Psychology so might be able to give advice.

I think it's important to have a good rest after your GCSE's, you've gone through a really challenging time and its important to relax a little and be fresh for your new course.

If you did want to do some studying, I would check out some YouTube videos on the subjects, with psychology you might want to watch some on Zimbardo, Asch, and Milgram to give you a feel for psychological research. Some people love Freud's work (I can't stand it personally). As much as I love Sociology with a passion, I wouldn't dive into the key theorists right away - Marx can be a challenge on your own at first.

I'm sure you will do great!

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey

As you start A-Levels from scratch, I think it is so important to have a fun and stress-free summer! You don't particularly need to do any work over the summer as you start fresh as soon as you arrive back for the term.

However, if there were a few things you could do nearer the end of the summer to get your head back into academia, I would recommend looking over your A-level specifications and read your English literature books!

I did Psychology and English Lit as two of my A-Levels and reading the texts before term would be really useful as you really need to read them 2-4 times over the span of your A-levels

Apart from that, I really wouldn't worry too much.
Hope this helps,

Sian- UoP Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.61%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.25%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
19.28%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.84%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.94%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (15)
18.07%

Watched Threads