The Student Room Group

DBS check medicine

Hey guys I dont I have enough ID documents for my DBS check and it’s deadline is in a few days. Does this affect my offer, and someone said that I will need to be fingerprinted by the police, how does that work? I’ve applied for a provincial license but that will most likely come after the deadline for my DBS check, I only need one more piece of document. Can the uni extend its deadline? Has this happened to anyone else before and how do you deal with it?
Thank you.
The police do not finger print you when you get a DBS check! Can't comment on anything else in your post.
Talk to your university about your situation.
You don’t get fingerprinted by the police for a DBS check - you have no contact with the police at all throughout the process.
Reply 3
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Talk to your university about your situation.
You don’t get fingerprinted by the police for a DBS check - you have no contact with the police at all throughout the process.

Thank you, I’ll call them now but do you think this could affect my offer? Like could they just cancel the offer
Original post by Pillbottle
Thank you, I’ll call them now but do you think this could affect my offer? Like could they just cancel the offer

I doubt it, people who receive their offers on results day from a waiting list have to sort out all their documents a lot later than everyone else so your university will probably give you an extension.
Reply 5
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I doubt it, people who receive their offers on results day from a waiting list have to sort out all their documents a lot later than everyone else so your university will probably give you an extension.

I called them and they said that their dbs department will help me through it and should get back to me soon. Yes that makes sense, thank you so much for replying and helping me. I can’t upvote your comment but thank you!
Original post by Pillbottle
I called them and they said that their dbs department will help me through it and should get back to me soon. Yes that makes sense, thank you so much for replying and helping me. I can’t upvote your comment but thank you!

No problem, hope it works out for you :smile:
omg im in the exact same situation!!! i think i saw u on the uob med offers forum, im going to call them asap but pls tell me what they advised u to do!! thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending