The Student Room Group

Is Pineapple on pizza wrong!

I don't like Pineapple on pizza. Firstly because hot fruit isn't pleasant unless its in desserts. Secondly Fruit (sweet) on pizza (savoury) is wrong fruit shouldn't be on pizza. Does anyone else agree?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes totally I agree thank you I felt weird because so many people like pineapple on pizza lol good to have someone who agrees with me.
I like pineapple on pizza.
i think it’s nice bc of the juxtaposition of sweet v savoury
Reply 4
see does sweet and savory go together I don't think so not all the time and fruit on pizza isn't one of them ahaha lol (not trying to cause a debate just curious)
(edited 2 years ago)
pineapple on pizza is great. I get why people think it's odd but it works.
NO! I love pineapple on pizza. Hawaiian pizza is actually one of my favourites. Fruit on pizza definitely doesn't sound right but pineapple sure works somehow
I love pineapple on pizza, the sweet and savoury go very well together imo :smile:
Reply 8
But I don't get how people can have it on Gammon aswell thats just to much the salty Gammon and cooked sweet pineapple not pleasant. Love them both just not together. But i respect your opinion my brother likes pineapple on pizza to and I have never gotten it. lol
Agree. It doesn’t mix with cheese and bread.
Original post by BrightSunshine42

Very true its just to sweet.
Original post by BrightSunshine42

yes Its just too sweet to mix with.
As per the 1949 convention of Geneva, pineapple on pizza is an act of hostility.
Pineapple does not belong on pizza. Yuck.
Original post by gaskell625
I don't like Pineapple on pizza. Firstly because hot fruit isn't pleasant unless its in desserts. Secondly Fruit (sweet) on pizza (savoury) is wrong fruit shouldn't be on pizza. Does anyone else agree?

:ashamed2:
No pineapple should go near any pizza!
I really don't care whether pineapple goes on pizza or not. It's not a big deal either way.
But would prefer without lol.
Original post by gaskell625

disagree here
I like pineapple with ham on pizza. The pineapple brings out the sweetness of the ham, while the saltiness of the cheese etc brings out the natural sourness of the pineapple.

Besides, it's better than some of the other things you get on pizza. Like eggs. Or seafood in any form.
Pineapple on pizza is great the sweet and savoury are a good combination 😋

Quick Reply

Latest