Asian century why the East is becoming the new West

Watch
Girly Student 34
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have always lived in London Uk and had not realised has how much influence Asia has in the world like for instance how now China is the next biggest economy and military power and not that country which speaks English like the Uk eg Us of A how popular anime and k pop are around the world and Bollywood so countries like Japan India South Korea have great culture and now rule the world.

Why had I not noticed it well coming from Indonsia which 4 th most populated country after China India and the USA I always saw more Americans despite similar populations Indonesians would more about America so would 24 /7 in my face whether is the government doing something bad or school shootings rascism attacks I would about country in a negative way I would hear about European countries like France and Germany but in not on same level they do not speak our langauge
India Pakistan are becoming stronger with nukes Singapore a small country with great success same with Hong Kong.
Dubai located in the Middle East has become the next global city the most visited city is in Asia the biggest and best are now in not Europe or America but Asia

Even with the EU Asia is overtaking Europe so which do yo think is better anime or K pop comment down below
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What does the question you've posed have to do with your prior statements? You talk a lot about globalism and Asia's influence on the world along with some very serious current affairs that are taking place. But you wanna instead ask which is better anime vs K Pop? So many interesting discussions to be had here and yet you wanna focus on this...

Your username makes sense now.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 2 months ago
SlaveofAll
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Any culture can inherit what another culture is about to lose.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Girly Student 34)
which do yo think is better anime or K pop comment down below
Neither they're both horrendous and the rest of your lame takes are too ridiculous to even entertain.
username3962008
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Neither they're both horrendous and the rest of your lame takes are too ridiculous to even entertain.
I thought you liked China more than Japan or Korea
SneezyPanda
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm really interested in the idea of the Occident vs the Orient (West vs East) and how where you live dictates heavily on how impacted you are by cultural influences. I personally have no interest in anime nor K-Pop but what I'm gathering from your question is that your wondering whether Eastern countries gaining status and power is being reflected in a growing interest in Eastern culture in the West? (idk your grammar is really confusing me, I'm sorry).

Whether someone likes or dislikes anime and K-Pop is mainly personal preference, but it sometimes feels that the general Western stigma around people liking these Eastern-orientated forms of entertainment does lead to people repressing their inner anime-lover in fear of being ridiculed. I don't know if this is perhaps an unconscious rejection of Eastern soft power that has become widespread in the West as China, etc become more of a threat to capitalist economies but looking at how anime is portrayed in the West through a geopolitical lens makes it seem this way.

I'm probably looking too far into it and it's primarily driven by personal preference but the fact that people who have never seen anime (myself included) have an almost subliminal dislike for it already makes it seem like a repression of Eastern cultural influences, perhaps through the Western media corporations?
Henry_K
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
by 2050, China and India are going to be dominating the World market followed by US and Indonesia. So, the changes are currently happening whether it is music industry or semi-conductor etc. Western markets have no future.
ISREAEL
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
it doesn't matter east vs west but ISRAEL will always remain, we have YHWH on our side
ConfusedDemon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I has confusion as to what this post is about, but I kinda like Naruto [finally finished it with fillers and all] and K pop seems okay.

Still don't know what this post is about though
ConfusedDemon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I has confusion as to what this post is about, but I kinda like Naruto [finally finished it with fillers and all] and K pop seems okay.

Still don't know what this post is about though
MAKE ITGITHT
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Girly Student 34)
I have always lived in London Uk and had not realised has how much influence Asia has in the world like for instance how now China is the next biggest economy and military power and not that country which speaks English like the Uk eg Us of A how popular anime and k pop are around the world and Bollywood so countries like Japan India South Korea have great culture and now rule the world.

Why had I not noticed it well coming from Indonsia which 4 th most populated country after China India and the USA I always saw more Americans despite similar populations Indonesians would more about America so would 24 /7 in my face whether is the government doing something bad or school shootings rascism attacks I would about country in a negative way I would hear about European countries like France and Germany but in not on same level they do not speak our langauge
India Pakistan are becoming stronger with nukes Singapore a small country with great success same with Hong Kong.
Dubai located in the Middle East has become the next global city the most visited city is in Asia the biggest and best are now in not Europe or America but Asia

Even with the EU Asia is overtaking Europe so which do yo think is better anime or K pop comment down below
Anime or K-pop is entertainment, it has nothing to do with world power. Will Ibiza be the most powerful country in the world?No they won't but they do have good entertainment and nightclubs

And people need to stop being racist against China. China is the best country in the world and they protected everyone from Covid-19, only 4,000 deaths in China.It's not their fault western countries did not do a lockdown early enoug
MAKE ITGITHT
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Henry_K)
by 2050, China and India are going to be dominating the World market followed by US and Indonesia. So, the changes are currently happening whether it is music industry or semi-conductor etc. Western markets have no future.
Chinese people are hardworking and very intelligent. And China has eliminated poverty.

With India, there is still a lot of poverty and corruption.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads