The Student Room Group

What do you think is the best age to have a child

Would you say 20-23, 24-27, 27-30 or 30+

Personally I was too busy with my life such as dating and going out a lot in my early to mid 20s. I tried so hard to get pregnant at 25 that I almost wrecked a marriage to keep my ex but it didn’t work at all and I’m glad because I met a guy at 26 during the first corona lockdown and I really liked him and made memories.

However I’m single all over again

Now at 27 I feel like the clock is ticking as fertility declines after 30

What would you say is a good age bracket? :smile:
For me 24-27
When you want to have a child really.

Fertility-wise obviously younger is better, but you're not destined to remain childless if you haven't had a kid at 30. And of course considerations like who you want to have the child with and if you'd be ready to take care of one are just as important.
24-27 for me !! good luckkk :smile:
78 percent of women aged 35 to 40 will conceive within a year, compared with 84 percent of women aged 20 to 34, so you don't have too much to worry about fertility wise.

I was had at 40, and so was my mother
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Personally I was too busy with my life such as dating and going out a lot in my early to mid 20s. I tried so hard to get pregnant at 25 that I almost wrecked a marriage to keep my ex but it didn’t work at all and I’m glad because I met a guy at 26 during the first corona lockdown and I really liked him and made memories.

I'd say never, unless you've sorted your life out in 2 years.
Original post by Kabzzzy
I'd say never, unless you've sorted your life out in 2 years.

why not? just as an edgy "haha i don't like kids" or?
lol, I can't even imagine having kids in my 20s- I want to have a life first :lol: I'll probably not have kids until late 30s but obviously it makes the actually process of being pregnant etc more challenging. Thing is I really can't see myself having kids before that point :dontknow:
Reply 8
Original post by emily528
For me 24-27

Wow so young. I don’t know how I would have coped.
27-30 or 30+. Fertility declines but surely it can't decrease significantly right?

As a man over 35. I want to have money and a nice house first
Wouldn't say there is a 'best' age but for me i would like kids when i am around 24ish
24-27 for me
Wow so young. I don’t know how I would have coped.

I’m 17 and I have a condition that makes it hard to get pregnant so that’s why
Reply 14
When you really want to have a child, when you are morally ready. Somebody can be ready at 23 and somebody can be not ready at 35.
I'd say 30+ because it's best to figure out what you want in your 20s!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending