The Student Room Group

can i do psychology after dropping it for a year of another course?

essentially, i did psychology at a uni and dropped it at the end of first year (still passed it, so i have 120 credits worth of it). i decided to do nursing at another uni and i've just done my first placement and i don't want to continue, but i also don't want to not have a degree at all. the psychology course at this uni looks relatively similar to the one at the first uni, is it worth asking if i can change to it?
Original post by Anonymous
essentially, i did psychology at a uni and dropped it at the end of first year (still passed it, so i have 120 credits worth of it). i decided to do nursing at another uni and i've just done my first placement and i don't want to continue, but i also don't want to not have a degree at all. the psychology course at this uni looks relatively similar to the one at the first uni, is it worth asking if i can change to it?

No harms in asking, but they may need to compare your 120 credits with the modules in the first year of their psychology course.
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
No harms in asking, but they may need to compare your 120 credits with the modules in the first year of their psychology course.

they don't really list the modules on their website, just briefly explain what first year is? whereas at the other uni ti has a clear list. it's really weird. this is all it says for the whole of year one:

The overall aim of the module is to provide you with an introduction to psychological theory and research, with a focus on how this knowledge is used and applied within the ‘real world’. Lectures and seminars will be organised into six key themes - exploring learning, explaining behaviour, researching social interaction, questioning reality, understanding yourself and applications of psychology. Each theme will be team-taught across a 3-week block, with a selection of lectures from a range of perspectives in psychological science. Adopting this integrative approach, you will be able to see how each curriculum area within psychology contributes to our knowledge and understanding of human behaviour.
Original post by Anonymous
they don't really list the modules on their website, just briefly explain what first year is? whereas at the other uni ti has a clear list. it's really weird. this is all it says for the whole of year one:

The overall aim of the module is to provide you with an introduction to psychological theory and research, with a focus on how this knowledge is used and applied within the ‘real world’. Lectures and seminars will be organised into six key themes - exploring learning, explaining behaviour, researching social interaction, questioning reality, understanding yourself and applications of psychology. Each theme will be team-taught across a 3-week block, with a selection of lectures from a range of perspectives in psychological science. Adopting this integrative approach, you will be able to see how each curriculum area within psychology contributes to our knowledge and understanding of human behaviour.

In that case, they may contact your university direct, or may ask you to get a transcript for your first year (if you haven't got one already).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending