The Student Room Group

Changing your award at the end of the year

Hi

I am pretty gutted right now, I can't lie. I am at the end of my first year of a course I started Sept 2020. I was just applying for my second year of finance just now and have realised a huge error was made on my first year entitlement, not necessarily by me.

So I've been on PIP for years. I selected that I was on PIP when doing my finance last year and it was asking me for evidence. I posted my letter in and never heard anything more. I got my entitlement letter and didn't question it. It had no mention of me being disabled or anything but I had no idea what being on PIP did (if anything) so I didn't care.

Now I've just been doing my second year application, selected I'm on PIP and it asked for evidence as you get a larger maintenance loan. I googled it to read more and it looks like I've missed out on a substantial amount of money through no fault of my own.

I still have my evidence, I've uploaded it to my second year application and retroactively to my first year application.

Can I have this amount paid to me now? I don't know why this wasn't awarded to me when I sent my evidence in.

I have struggled financially all year and I feel sick right now knowing I could have missed out on this amount of money that I was entitled to. It says online you can change an application up to nine months after your course started with is this month for me hence why I uploaded that evidence hoping I've done it in time to be applied retroactively for the year.

Please let me know. I will ring up tomorrow anyway but I get really anxious when ringing SFE because of certain experiences I've had in the past. I've also posted a letter tonight so that I have dated proof that I tried to do it now (I heard from someone that the deadline is today?). At least if I get a reply before I call I have something to go off. If someone tells me there's nothing I can do I really want to take it further because it isn't my fault.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Airfairy
Hi

I am pretty gutted right now, I can't lie. I am at the end of my first year of a course I started Sept 2020. I was just applying for my second year of finance just now and have realised a huge error was made on my first year entitlement, not necessarily by me.

So I've been on PIP for years. I selected that I was on PIP when doing my finance last year and it was asking me for evidence. I posted my letter in and never heard anything more. I got my entitlement letter and didn't question it. It had no mention of me being disabled or anything but I had no idea what being on PIP did (if anything) so I didn't care.

Now I've just been doing my second year application, selected I'm on PIP and it asked for evidence as you get a larger maintenance loan. I googled it to read more and it looks like I've missed out on a substantial amount of money through no fault of my own.

I still have my evidence, I've uploaded it to my second year application and retroactively to my first year application.

Can I have this amount paid to me now? I don't know why this wasn't awarded to me when I sent my evidence in.

I have struggled financially all year and I feel sick right now knowing I could have missed out on this amount of money that I was entitled to. It says online you can change an application up to nine months after your course started with is this month for me hence why I uploaded that evidence hoping I've done it in time to be applied retroactively for the year.

Please let me know. I will ring up tomorrow anyway but I get really anxious when ringing SFE because of certain experiences I've had in the past. I've also posted a letter tonight so that I have dated proof that I tried to do it now (I heard from someone that the deadline is today?). At least if I get a reply before I call I have something to go off. If someone tells me there's nothing I can do I really want to take it further because it isn't my fault.

Hi, the deadline for 20/21 applications has expired so it's not possible to be awarded more funding for that year unless you provide a reason for applying late.

You might of already been awarded the extra Maintenance Loan (special support loan) without knowing.

Please message us on Facebook/Twitter with your CRN and we can review your account.

Twitter DM Link from Public - http://ow.ly/4Em330nPlau

FB link to Private http://m.me/SFEngland

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, the deadline for 20/21 applications has expired so it's not possible to be awarded more funding for that year unless you provide a reason for applying late.

You might of already been awarded the extra Maintenance Loan (special support loan) without knowing.

Please message us on Facebook/Twitter with your CRN and we can review your account.

Twitter DM Link from Public - http://ow.ly/4Em330nPlau

FB link to Private http://m.me/SFEngland

Thanks, Isaac

Thanks. The FB link wasn't letting me send so I rang up, he confirmed I had not received it and can see the evidence was received like I'd said so he has taken new evidence from me and said it will go back to assessments for 20/21 year. Even though the deadline has passed, given this was a SFE error I'd like to think it can be back dated and the guy on the phone said as much anyway.
Original post by Airfairy
Thanks. The FB link wasn't letting me send so I rang up, he confirmed I had not received it and can see the evidence was received like I'd said so he has taken new evidence from me and said it will go back to assessments for 20/21 year. Even though the deadline has passed, given this was a SFE error I'd like to think it can be back dated and the guy on the phone said as much anyway.

Yes it can be backdated.

If that Facebook link doesn't work, this one should https://www.facebook.com/SFEngland/

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending