The Student Room Group

preparing for A level exams in 2 months

hi,
i have to do 15 exams(9 A2 exams and 6 AS resits) and right now i have not started revision nor have i understood the stuff properly...i know a better decision would be to wait for one more year and give some of my exams then but just the thought of waiting for so much time and seeing my friends go to uni and being stuck at home for one whole year is just too depressing. is it possible for me to get my A's in all 15 units with the time i have(i.e 2months)? how many hours should i study?what study plan do you recommend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by muf_mur
hi,
i have to do 15 exams(9 A2 exams and 6 AS resits) and right now i have not started revision nor have i understood the stuff properly...i know a better decision would be to wait for one more year and give some of my exams then but just the thought of waiting for so much time and seeing my friends go to uni and being stuck at home for one whole year is just too depressing. is it possible for me to get my A's in all 15 units with the time i have(i.e 2months)? how many hours should i study?what study plan do you recommend?

You have left it late but you should never be too pessimistic, my first instinct would be to get a hold of all the specifications of your subjects, because they make A-Levels far easier, and begin making notes on all these things slowly out of textbooks and revision guides. Ticking things off as you go along, at the end of each chapter do questions if arts a practice essay or two (exam style) get a teacher to mark and compare to notes see how you can improve. If science exam questions again critical, study the mark schemes and read examiners reports. Finally in a month or so start doing the full past paper under timed conditions, mark them and point out weaknesses, work on those and continue as before. It has to be cyclic and regular, in terms of time it is very difficult, I would say as a guideline however aim for a minimum of 8 on non-school days. I say this because it's important to recognise it won't come v easily and will need a decent bit of work. On school days maybe 3-4 would be okay.
Reply 2
2 Months is no way late, dont be silly! :smile:
I'm planning to start in March
you definitely have more than enough time, this forum is definitely the minority when it comes to the time they spend revising and talking about it LOL
most people i know who get A's at AS and A2, do about 5/6 weeks
It's a bit on the late side but I wouldn't say it's completely impossible. Try working through topic by topic and doing practise questions. Also you need to spend the time you have left wisely - good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
thanks guys :smile:
thanks this helped ,
one more thing my situation is more or less like him , but i have almost covered my A2 phy and Chem but maths p3 and S1 remains i have been unfortunately busy in some domestic issues, i have AS to revise , any tips or motivation that can help me in last 2 months.
Out of interest did you get your As?
Reply 7
lol, if if february is late, what is April, I'm in Year 13 and only started the other day and I'm doing 4 A-levels. I definitely left it too late.

#ihatemechanics
Reply 8
i am stressed and i am doing commerce.one more month to go and what should i do now?plz someone help me
Reply 9
If anyone is new here just keep doing past papers because 2 months is nothing you should be revising from the start of year 13
Original post by muf_mur
hi,

I have three alevel sciences and three months.....do you think I can score A* in three months??
Original post by imagelet
I have three alevel sciences and three months.....do you think I can score A* in three months??

Also I am starting from scratch what do you think??
Original post by muf_mur
hi,

Hi, scoring A+ in three months is difficult but not impossible. To get the "right" information within such a short time, please rely on past papers. In most cases, exams are relatively similar.
Can you please give me tips and do you know anybody who scored an A* in 3months??
Also I am starting from scratch what do you think??

It is possible. I scored A* despite having only three months to prepare. It was hard but i did it.
Can you please give me tips and do you know anybody who scored an A* in 3months??

I scored an A* within three months.
Original post by research guru
it is possible. I scored a* despite having only three months to prepare. It was hard but i did it.

can you please help me.like from where did you got the right information except from past papers.and what was studiyng schedule???please help
Original post by Research Guru
I scored an A* within three months.

Can you guide me please.
I will gladly guide you. I will PM to know about your schedule and how you can incorporate an effective study pattern. Also, i will let you know how my schedule was at that time and how i ensured that i only focused on the right information. I will also tell you what i wish i did to avoid being stressed out.
Original post by Research Guru
I will gladly guide you. I will PM to know about your schedule and how you can incorporate an effective study pattern. Also, i will let you know how my schedule was at that time and how i ensured that i only focused on the right information. I will also tell you what i wish i did to avoid being stressed out.

You can pm me on twitter??Its gonna take a while before my pm open on here.

Latest