The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Mature students of Aberystwyth

Hello everyone!
I have firmed my offer to study computer science at Aberystwyth this September (2021) Exciting!!!
I am 27 and wondering if there are any other mature students starting at Aberystwyth this year!?
I have an offer to stay in Ffferm Penglais, is anyone else staying in halls or are you choosing to rent privately?
Hi @theheff,

Well done on your offer to come and study here at Aberystwyth! I have just finished my 3rd year studying here at Aber, please let me know if you have any questions or anything I can help you with.

Rebecca 😊
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Original post by theheff
Hello everyone!
I have firmed my offer to study computer science at Aberystwyth this September (2021) Exciting!!!
I am 27 and wondering if there are any other mature students starting at Aberystwyth this year!?
I have an offer to stay in Ffferm Penglais, is anyone else staying in halls or are you choosing to rent privately?

Hie...also have an offer for Msc Animal Science. Im 35...hope to join Aber as an international student.
Hi!
I'm 24 doing Plant Biology staying in Pentre Jane Morgan.
Looking forward to it :biggrin:
Hey all,
I'm doing Zoology at Aber, but I'm starting on a foundation year.

I just finished doing a foundation year in Business Fiance, although it was fun i have decided to make a switch.

So i currently live in Aber and i just love the place, I was very nervous last year about being a lot older then others. (i am 41).
But i was never treated any different in fact there is quite a lot of mature students here.
Reply 5
Original post by clairehxxx
Hey all,
I'm doing Zoology at Aber, but I'm starting on a foundation year.

I just finished doing a foundation year in Business Fiance, although it was fun i have decided to make a switch.

So i currently live in Aber and i just love the place, I was very nervous last year about being a lot older then others. (i am 41).
But i was never treated any different in fact there is quite a lot of mature students here.

Im glad to hear that. At least it seems like there are many of us. So Claire do you stay at the University residency or outside?
Original post by Lynnleen
Im glad to hear that. At least it seems like there are many of us. So Claire do you stay at the University residency or outside?

I live up in Penparcau. me and my partner moved here last year for me to attend uni. but i have views of the national library from my balcony, that's next to the uni. It's about a 20 min walk from uni. or 2 mins from morrisons, about 10 mins from the beach.
Where are u planning to stay hun,
Reply 7
Im planning to stay at the University accommodation....as there is a accommodation scholarship for international students.
Reply 8
Original post by theheff
Hello everyone!

Hi! I’m going to aber in september too. I’m a mature student going back to study. I’m staying in halls too!
Reply 9
Hi, I'll be 27 when starting at Aberystwyth in September, I will be staying in halls. Not sure which halls yet though, its been a few weeks since my accommodation application went through with no reply yet. Looking forward to it!
Whats everyone planning on studying :smile:
Reply 11
Hi! I'm 25 (26 in a couple of months). I'll be staying in Cwrt Mawr and doing Celtic studies.
Congratulations on joining us here in Aberystwyth. As a local born here, a former student of Aberystwyth and a local letting Agent, I can safely say you will love this place! The best thing about Aberystwyth is the fact that it is so cosmopolitan and accepting of anything and everything. You definitely wont feel out of place in halls. I'm now a VERY mature over 50 and I can go out into town and enjoy a night out on my own or with family and I will find tenants are forever saying 'Hi' and it really winds the other half up lol, 'Do you know everybody?' the normal line. Even as an agent, and I say this probably alienating many fellow agents, Halls are great to mix and meet and the best option for new students. I would usually be dealing with students for second and third year accommodation when they have established friend groups and 'branching out'. We will always have a few that want to jump straight into the private sector, whether for price saving or other reasons. I will likely see you later at the Students Union Housing fairs :-)
Original post by theheff
Hello everyone!

I don't know if I count as "mature" because I'm 24 😂 but i'm starting this year doing drama and film & television! staying in halls because i (very foolishly) waited until july to start looking for an apartment

Quick Reply

Latest