The Student Room Group

2021 A/AS Results Day Countdown: today is the day - well done everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SB1234567890
Yeah it's so scary- my worst nightmare is if UCAS track crashes on results day

Oh my gosh if that happened I would cry out of stress.

It’s gonna crash at first as thousands of people will be using it at once but after a while it will be fine

This happened with us last year, i had the confirmation emails before track sorted itself out, was waiting well over an hour to check track as everyone was on. I ended up giving up and waiting for grades first and even then that took a while as i was BTEC and they messed up. Good luck everyone :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
UCAS track will definitely crash. It always happens. I think results can be given at 6am so I will look at them first.
Original post by Akash1234567
UCAS track will definitely crash. It always happens. I think results can be given at 6am so I will look at them first.

You're lucky- ours come out at 8 but at the same time I'd rather than know whether I've got my place at uni first so I have a slight clue about whether I'd be happy about my results before I receive them
You're lucky- ours come out at 8 but at the same time I'd rather than know whether I've got my place at uni first so I have a slight clue about whether I'd be happy about my results before I receive them

Mine are in person and are at 10:00 AM, I wish it would be earlier but they are not distributing them electronically otherwise it would have been earlier
Original post by CurryCurry2468
Mine are in person and are at 10:00 AM, I wish it would be earlier but they are not distributing them electronically otherwise it would have been earlier

I think we can collect them between 8 and 9:30 and they're coming out online at either 8 or 9:30 so I think I'll collect them in person
Btecs / AS
Health and Social Care Double and Human Biology, did Core Maths (AS) last year

UWE Bristol - Adult Nursing
DMM
Applied for Feb 2022
A level
Psychology, sociology and business (and EPQ)

My firm is Exeter and my insurance is Southampton
Business and management
For my firm I need AAA or 2 grades lower if I get an A in my EPQ
Hopefully going this September

My UCAS grades were A*A*A
I'm feeling confident that I should be at least be able to meet my insurance requirements (AAB or ABB with A in the EPQ) though, despite high predicted grades, my negativity and constant overthinking means I keep worrying that I won't get into my firm despite my previous work suggesting I have the potential
Thread title edited

3 weeks to go!
1. AS or A level? A level
2. What subjects? Biology, chemistry and maths

For Yr 13:
3. What university is your firm/insurance? Southampton/ Loughborough
4. Which subject? Natural Sciences
5. What grades are required? A*AA/ AAB
6. Going to uni this year or taking a gap year? This year :eek:

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted? A*A*A
8. How are you feeling about results day? Really nervous I want to get into my firm choice so badly
9. Anything else to add? I’ve been looking at clearing choices as the course requirements are so high and I’ve decided I will probably do chemistry somewhere in the South-East if I go into clearing.
(edited 2 years ago)
How is everyone feeellliinng? Its so close i cant believe it!
Sorry for not being active these last few weeks! I'm so stressed it's crippling :frown::eek:

I just want to meet my minimum offer requirements -I've been reading too many clearing horror stories from last year and mess ups...with my luck I feel like I'll miss my offer by one or two grades :/

I honestly hope and pray that we all don't need to go through clearing or the added stress on results day and that we just get the grades we want. ughhhhh the stress is just horrific
Original post by Ten-Ten
Yup. First thing I’m doing is logging into ucas, if I don’t see congratulations you got into your firm I’m collecting my results at the latest time possible

AHHH this made me laugh - This is my exact plan that and to avoid my teachers
Original post by replaythat
AHHH this made me laugh - This is my exact plan that and to avoid my teachers

Exactly because if I see one rubbish grade I may have to fight😂😂. Don’t want them smiling in my face asking me how my results are knowing full they gave me terrible grades
18 more days left.. the stress is seriously kicking in😭

CORRECTION: My school have now said 8:30
Don't they all come out at 830? That's when track updates
Original post by atgeorge
Don't they all come out at 830? That's when track updates

Yeah track opens at 8.30 for everyone (it would probs be slow on the day cos everyone is going to log on at the same time). Schools can give your grade from 8.30 onwards. Mine are emailing our results.
Original post by Akash1234567
CORRECTION: My school have now said 8:30

Ours have moved from between 8:00 and 9:30 to go into school to going in between 8:30 and 10:00

Quick Reply

Latest